iPhone 4s 7.0.4 Jailbreak hands-on User-experience

Kashan Osama

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Hello there I am really torn b/w JB'ing my 4s(not on contract,don't have money for upgrading,kindly do not suggest that) running 6.1.3 or ditching it and go for 7.0.4 and then

Jailbreaking,I have heard about some crazy wifi grey-out issues,lag while typing and

heavy battery draining problems on 7.0.4..So not sure whether to update it or not...Also My iPhone has always memory filled up more than 50% always always (app: battery doctor)

I am afraid it would bog-down my 4s...Kindly give me some suggestion...The reason to create this thread here is in my thinking 6.1.3 JB would be good and when 7.1's jb Would have

come (why I stated it? cause it is SAID to be optimized and stable) i would ditch it and directly go to it,I know it would take approx 8-9 months to a year for a new jailbreak,I REALLY

want to get 7.0.4 and every other person is telling me to go for 7.0.4 but bit afraid,keeping my self on a safe side so that My device doesn't lag MUCH or I do not encounter heavy issues...so what do you suggest???

ALso tell me about your hands-on experience with 4s 7.0.4 JB

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
When I had my 4S, iOS 7.0.4 I didn't have any lag. I don't have my 4S anymore so I can't try jailbreaking it, but based on my iPod that has the same A5 chip, it will depend on what tweaks you install.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk

HenryLong

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
I'm still struggling with myself whether to update my iPhone 4S (and iPad mini) or not.

No problems with 7.0.4 + JB on my iPad 3 so far, but what will it be with (only) 512 MB RAM on the 4S / iPad mini?
I've read a lot about iOS 7.x occupying more RAM than 6.x, leading to performance lags already on unmodified devices.

I'm afraid that the JB + a reasonable number of tweaks (e.g., for me Winterboard would be a must as it is under iOS 6) eating up even more RAM, may lead to a disappointing result in comparison to iOS 6 currently running nice and smooth.

My question to all running a 4S and/or iPad mini on 7.0.4 jailbroken:
How's your experience regarding the performance of your device(s)?
Is it advisable to upgrade or will I be better staying on iOS 6?

Thanks for your helpful comments!

//Henry

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm still struggling with myself whether to update my iPhone 4S (and iPad mini) or not.

No problems with 7.0.4 + JB on my iPad 3 so far, but what will it be with (only) 512 MB RAM on the 4S / iPad mini?
I've read a lot about iOS 7.x occupying more RAM than 6.x, leading to performance lags already on unmodified devices.

I'm afraid that the JB + a reasonable number of tweaks (e.g., for me Winterboard would be a must as it is under iOS 6) eating up even more RAM, may lead to a disappointing result in comparison to iOS 6 currently running nice and smooth.

My question to all running a 4S and/or iPad mini on 7.0.4 jailbroken:
How's your experience regarding the performance of your device(s)?
Is it advisable to upgrade or will I be better staying on iOS 6?

Thanks for your helpful comments!

//Henry

Welcome to iMore. I have had no lag on my jailbroken iPhone 4S with iOS 7.0.4.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR