Now you see it, now you don't??

techiechick

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Need a guru here...
A few facts to start with...
Newly jailbroken iPhone5s - 64gb
A few tweaks installed - but nothing too crazy.

We all know the drill - you JB and then you spend hours getting your screens just the way you like them..
Everything goes fine, until I touch the power button. I'm talking about just putting the screen to sleep! Not a reboot or a respring - just turning the display off..
One of my folders - only one - will move itself over and create a new screen, leaving a hole where it used to be.
Sometimes it's a different folder, or a different hole created, but it happens every time I turn off my screen regardless of how I do it.
For grins, I tested it and I get the same results regardless if I reboot, respring, or just turn off the screen.
I'm attaching pics of the screens (before & after) and a pic of the JB section of my settings. I know it doesn't show all my tweaks, but it gives you an idea of what I have installed.

Any ideas??image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

techiechick

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I know - but stating the obvious doesn't help anything except your post count. ;-)

Has anyone else ever seen this?Dies anyone out there have anything constructive they can offer?

TechieChick

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I had a lot of problems and crashes with Homescreen Designer on my iPad. Removed folders, moved folders and apps and crashes while moving apps etc. Maybe you should try to remove it and test. Icon Tool could also be the reason. But most of the other tweaks don't seem to have something to do with your problem(s). As I can see you don't have much tweaks, so it's not difficult and cumbersome to remove one after the other and check which one causes trouble ;)

I hope this helped you :D

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I'd try and delete the tweaks that affect your layout..

Not sure what "Cloaky" does, but I'd try deleting Homescreen Designer Tool, Icon Tool, and AppTray to see if those help. You can always re-install them if need-be.

btw, you have a LOT of apps! :)

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I'd try and delete the tweaks that affect your layout..

Not sure what "Cloaky" does, but I'd try deleting Homescreen Designer Tool, Icon Tool, and AppTray to see if those help. You can always re-install them if need-be.

btw, you have a LOT of apps! :)

That's what I'm saying, go trough and try it out ;)

PS: definitely too many apps :eek:
I once also had about 300+ apps and downloaded every app trough AppZapp, but now I "just" have about 60 and that's enough. You don't even have the time to use all apps, they're just there a waiting to get launched :p

Navmacs

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
Shoot, now the same thing just started happening to me. The middle folder on the second page moves to the bottom of the screen when I wake the phone up. I've been using HS Design for a few days and hadn't noticed the issue. Only big change today was Infinifolders. However, I did install the update to HS Design today, and it wreaked all kinds of havoc with all my folders (actually, after respringing, I had NO folders--just 14 screens of apps). Maybe it's an issue with the HS Design update....

Navmacs

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
Ahh, and I see the dev of HS Design has added a note about this issue. Apparently I need to remove IconSupport, respring and the reinstall HS Design. Unfortunately, that will also remove Infinifolders. It will REALLY annoy me if that means I have to recreate all my folders AGAIN today. I'll probably hold off for a while....

techiechick

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Hey everybody! Thanks for all the help!
After multiple tries, and multiple resprings it appears that HS Designer was indeed the culprit! I uninstalled it and was able to get a similar effect from GridLock2, so it's all good. Problem solved!!

And yeah - I have way too many apps!! ;-)
But there are worse things to be addicted to, right?

TechieChick

Navmacs

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
To follow up, I tried the method the dev of HS Design said to use, but the problem is still there. At least my folders didn't disappear this time!

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Hey everybody! Thanks for all the help!
After multiple tries, and multiple resprings it appears that HS Designer was indeed the culprit! I uninstalled it and was able to get a similar effect from GridLock2, so it's all good. Problem solved!!

And yeah - I have way too many apps!! ;-)
But there are worse things to be addicted to, right?

TechieChick

Glad you got it sorted out...at least you didn't have to start deleting apps to find the problem...

Navmacs

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
Yes, HS Designer was def the problem. Rather than pay for Gridlock (after already paying for HS Designer), I played around with an Iconoclasm theme until I could make it look the way I wanted it to:

amuqe8a9.jpg

I actually like the icon distribution a little better on my version than on what I got on HS Designer (below):

qu8yju5y.jpg

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner