Does anyone know of a toggle to install on a 5s that will disable the 3G modem?

Travis F

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Just wondering if anyone knows of a toggle to install on a 5s that will disable the 3G modem? I would like to Disable LTE/4G/3G and force my phone to connect to Edge network while at work. I believe this was previously available in SBSettings. Thanks in advance!

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Have to wait for SBSettings to get updated. You can do it manually thru the settings app right now. No jb needed

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
What exactly is it you're trying to do?

If you're looking to use Edge, are you still trying to use data? If not, you can disable Cellular data from the settings. This will let you remain on WiFi.

LTE is the "4G" modem you're using.

Are you just trying to save battery life by having fewer things drawing power? If so, you'd likely be better disabling data regardless.

Travis F

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
What exactly is it you're trying to do?

If you're looking to use Edge, are you still trying to use data? If not, you can disable Cellular data from the settings. This will let you remain on WiFi.

LTE is the "4G" modem you're using.

Are you just trying to save battery life by having fewer things drawing power? If so, you'd likely be better disabling data regardless.

I am looking to use Edge only for the data connection while I am at work. LTE and 3G signals do not penetrate the walls of the building I am in very well at all. I lose data connection all the time and the signal bounces from 1 dot of "4G" to no service to Edge network...

I am on AT&T's network, they have: LTE, 4G,and 3G networks. From what I can tell the "4G" is just the expanded 3G network (HSPA+ I think). As far as I can tell it uses the 3G modem.

I installed CCControls but I do not see a toggle for 3G, only a toggle for LTE.

Thanks for the replies and help so far.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73