- iMore Nanite
- 2 Posts
jailbreak ios 7.0.4 OTA help
planning to jailbreak my mini but had it updated OTA. From what I read seems like I will mess things up if I perform the jailbreak I need to restore it from itunes first. But if I do the restore my files will be deleted. Is it ok if I back my files up,then restore using itunes, then do the jailbreak, then restore the backed up files?
Thanks a lot!
- 01-17-2014, 06:36 AM #2
- 01-17-2014, 04:06 PM #3
Re: jailbreak ios 7.0.4 OTA help
I just went through this and this is what I did to get it to work (on my Mini):
Do a backup using iTunes.
Restore as New using iTunes to iOS 7.0.4. This will get a nice, clean version of iOS 7.0.4 on your iPad Mini.
Restore from Backup using iTunes (you are restoring the backup you just made prior to restoring as new. This will load all your iTunes apps)
Run the jailbreak program.
Now, I'm not positive if it's better to Restore from Backup before or after running the jailbreak. I did mine before I ran the jailbreak and it seemed to work ok..
- 01-17-2014, 09:32 PM #4
- 01-17-2014, 10:52 PM #5
- By Jailak in forum Mac ProReplies: 3Last Post: 02-04-2014, 10:28 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & ModsReplies: 9Last Post: 01-22-2014, 01:22 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 01-17-2014, 09:44 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & ModsReplies: 1Last Post: 01-17-2014, 06:41 AM
- By thatgirl87 in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & ModsReplies: 3Last Post: 01-16-2014, 10:21 PM