ipad mini 7.0.4 OTA jailbreak

I

iMore Question

planning to jailbreak my mini,but my update was done OTA and as I've read it will mess us the jailbreak process. If I got it correctly I need to restore it first using itunes But if I do that I will lose my files and apps. Or should I backup files and apps then restore my ipad using itunes then perform jailbreak and afterwards restore the backed up files and apps? thanks a lot!

Elizabeth2

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I have an iPad mini that I just did the jail break on. I had done my update to ios7 OTA too....So yes, backup your iPad mini in iTunes first before you attempt anything. Once you have done that important step you can restore your device to 7.0.4 with iTunes and then reload your backup. Now you can begin the jailbreak procedure.

Bj007pro

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
planning to jailbreak my mini,but my update was done OTA and as I've read it will mess us the jailbreak process. If I got it correctly I need to restore it first using itunes But if I do that I will lose my files and apps. Or should I backup files and apps then restore my ipad using itunes then perform jailbreak and afterwards restore the backed up files and apps? thanks a lot!

You need to restore to a Back Up or to Set It Up As A New iPad Mini, and then use the latest Jailbreak from evasion.
You then just install/download the app you want/need to you iPad Mini. :) :yes:

Bj007pro

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
I have an iPad mini that I just did the jail break on. I had done my update to ios7 OTA too....So yes, backup your iPad mini in iTunes first before you attempt anything. Once you have done that important step you can restore your device to 7.0.4 with iTunes and then reload your backup. Now you can begin the jailbreak procedure.

ith the latest Jailbreak from evasion you can Jailbreak with the OTA Update

Elizabeth2

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Oh that's good news! Thanks for the update. Still a very good idea to backup still before you begin.

I'm sure that there are quite a few people that had to restore their iPhone or iPad before they could do the jailbreak. Well that will save a bit if time to not have to restore!

Bj007pro

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
Oh that's good news! Thanks for the update. Still a very good idea to backup still before you begin.

I'm sure that there are quite a few people that had to restore their iPhone or iPad before they could do the jailbreak. Well that will save a bit if time to not have to restore!

Still Restore, Back Up your iDevice before Jailbreaking, Just-To-Be-Safe :) :yes:

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I just went through this and this is what I did to get it to work (on my Mini):

Do a backup using iTunes.
Restore as New using iTunes to iOS 7.0.4. This will get a nice, clean version of iOS 7.0.4 on your iPad Mini.
Restore from Backup using iTunes (you are restoring the backup you just made prior to restoring as new. This will load all your iTunes apps)
Run the jailbreak program.

Now, I'm not positive if it's better to Restore from Backup before or after running the jailbreak. I did mine before I ran the jailbreak and it seemed to work ok..

Bj007pro

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
I just went through this and this is what I did to get it to work (on my Mini):

Do a backup using iTunes.
Restore as New using iTunes to iOS 7.0.4. This will get a nice, clean version of iOS 7.0.4 on your iPad Mini.
Restore from Backup using iTunes (you are restoring the backup you just made prior to restoring as new. This will load all your iTunes apps)
Run the jailbreak program.

Now, I'm not positive if it's better to Restore from Backup before or after running the jailbreak. I did mine before I ran the jailbreak and it seemed to work ok..

If you want any apps and files with-in the apps you would need to Restore the Back Up then do the Jailbreak :) :yes:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner