What does infinifolder do in iOS7?

talkin73

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
I purchased this tweak a long time go and stopped using it in favor of FolderEnhancer which is not updated yet for iOS7/ARM64. I installed Infinifolder newest version hoping it would add some feature to folder use, but even after trying different settings my folders seem to function exactly as they did before the tweak was installed. I notice it also doesn't use Iconoclasm's API for extending the springboard layout into the folder (like FolderEnhancer does) which is another bummer. I'm assuming the app actually does something but I can't figure out what... can someone kindly clarify what features it actually adds?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
A web search revealed the following:

• Add as many icons as you want to every folder: there’s no limit
  • Quickly scroll to see your icons.
  • Preserves your icon layouts, even across full iTunes restores.
  • Lots of settings for full customization.

talkin73

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Thanks. I read all that in the app description. But everything listed there appears to be something that my folders in iOS7 already do, even without a jailbreak... I have 3 pages of icons within a folder, scroll to the right to see them, icon layout remains even after a restore. Infinifolders indicates it has vertical scrolling but even with this enabled, it does not scroll vertically and folders appear to function the same regardless of what settings I use within the tweak. I'm mostly wondering if someone is using this app and what different functionality they are seeing with infinifolders installed that isn't there without it installed. I'm assuming I'm missing something but this is the only tweak I have installed that doesn't result in any observable visible or functional difference so hoping someone who is using it can clarify what I am missing or may not be doing correctly to get the tweak working above and beyond installing it and adjusting the settings.

A web search revealed the following:

• Add as many icons as you want to every folder: there’s no limit
  • Quickly scroll to see your icons.
  • Preserves your icon layouts, even across full iTunes restores.
  • Lots of settings for full customization.

WreakingHavoc

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
You're right it doesn't do anything, I think he even mentions that in the description on Cydia. I installed it just to see if I could get a clear background image on my folders but it did nothing at all so I just uninstalled it.

*****Team Jailbreak, sent using TapaTalk
iPhone 5, iPad 2, Apple TV 3, Macbook Air
Tweet @LondonComp ***

talkin73

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
I didn't see any mention from the author in the package description about it not doing anything in iOS7, but it does say "Full iOS 7 support. iPhone 5S support." under the Changelog which I assumed meant it worked in iOS7 the way it did in previous versions. The confirmation of your experience is much appreciated!

You're right it doesn't do anything, I think he even mentions that in the description on Cydia. I installed it just to see if I could get a clear background image on my folders but it did nothing at all so I just uninstalled it.

Tweet @LondonComp ***

WreakingHavoc

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Maybe I saw it on his Twitter feed but I remember reading it and it was from him.
Do you happen to know of any tweaks that will make the folders clear on the springboard? I hate having that wallpaper colored background on the folders on the springboard.

Tweet @LondonComp ***

talkin73

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
I think ClearFolders will do that.

Maybe I saw it on his Twitter feed but I remember reading it and it was from him.
Do you happen to know of any tweaks that will make the folders clear on the springboard? I hate having that wallpaper colored background on the folders on the springboard.

Tweet @LondonComp ***

WreakingHavoc

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I have that, it works when the folder is open but I wanted to have the springboard view clear.
Thx

Tweet @LondonComp ***

talkin73

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site

WreakingHavoc

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the reply and for your searching, I installed it and set the blur springboard folder icons to off and it didn't change anything even when I resprung.

Tweet @LondonComp ***

talkin73

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
It looked like he had two apps installed to get the effect you are looking for and his screenshot looks just like what you are describing. Perhaps the guy who posted can assist?

Thanks for the reply and for your searching, I installed it and set the blur springboard folder icons to off and it didn't change anything even when I resprung.

Tweet @LondonComp ***

WreakingHavoc

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Actually it's not exactly what I was looking for, I was hoping for the same kind of effect that folders had in iOS 6 where there was a frame that identified that it was a folder that you could see into it and see icons with no background. That one just had icons group together to represent a folder. Thanks again for looking.

Tweet @LondonComp ***

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods