What's the best way to backup jailbreak tweaks and apps?

yungskeeme

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I recently had to restore and rejailbreak my 5s. I'm looking to find the best free apps to backup my apps and tweaks. Anyone know of any good ones?

talkin73

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Just emailed the developer who sent back a very fast reply that both backup and restore work on his 5S. I used to use PkgBackup but found that it appeared very robust but seemed flaky or inconsistent when I had to restore. The backup part is important but it's the ability to effectively restore that I find is often lacking in "backup" programs.

talkin73

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Got more info from developer of OpenBackup who told me he's updating the look of the app to full screen and iOS 7 in appearance when I asked about that. Though just asthetic, we also discussed new features and he shared:

"I'm working on a few features, including the option of other cloud services, an interface for making backups of any file on the device, and options for removing stuff from the backup. Backing them up elsewhere manually will work for now as long as you remember to put them exactly where they were before using them."

Sounds interesting and look forward to seeing next version.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I also use pkg backup but haven't had to restore. All the backups do save to Dropbox though. I still have backups on there from previous iPhones throughout the years.

Sent from my [Gold] iPhone 5s

talkin73

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
How long does your backup take? I used to us pkg backup but in iOS 6 it starting backing up forever and never finishing. I just tried it again with iOS 7 on an iP5S and same problem... just says it's backing up for 30 minutes but never finishes. I'm not using a cloud services and I only have it backing up Cydia apps, not all app store stuff so I'm uncertain why this is happening if it's the "new normal" for this app?

I also use pkg backup but haven't had to restore. All the backups do save to Dropbox though. I still have backups on there from previous iPhones throughout the years.

Sent from my [Gold] iPhone 5s

RobertAdams313

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
How long does your backup take? I used to us pkg backup but in iOS 6 it starting backing up forever and never finishing. I just tried it again with iOS 7 on an iP5S and same problem... just says it's backing up for 30 minutes but never finishes. I'm not using a cloud services and I only have it backing up Cydia apps, not all app store stuff so I'm uncertain why this is happening if it's the "new normal" for this app?

I have had long wait times for backing up to but it'll finish if I just backup cydia apps. Thing is you it has all this extra crap turned on like the way the springboard is set up. Settings for certain things. I have it backing up to box (got the free 50 GB from just using the phone app) and it did in fact finish. Maybe cause you're backing up straight to internal memory it's taking longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pchrist

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
I accidently installed an older version of PKG removed it installed the new version and all it does is crash right after it opens. Any suggestions on why that is or how to fix it???

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2