BiteSMS update for 5s. Out now.

iRy757

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Anyone who is beta testing BiteSMS, the update for 5s' ARM64-bit processor is out now. Head to Cydia for your update. Cheers.

UPDATE 45 seconds later: Ughhh... Never mind.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
No it's not. I just saw the tweet from the BiteSMS handle and it's 5S version is close not that it's out.

Carried by a raven from the Wall.

iRy757

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Yup. I lied. Completely misread the change log. Sorry JB community lol. Just wanted you all to get it first, if it were in fact out. Baaaaaah the anticipation is killing me. /endthread

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Yup. I lied. Completely misread the change log. Sorry JB community lol. Just wanted you all to get it first, if it were in fact out. Baaaaaah the anticipation is killing me. /endthread

LOL I can't wait either as soon as I saw Beta 6 is out I was like OMG then saw that and I cried a little haha. We're all antsy for it.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
oh the joy i felt while opening this thread to thank and like the op… then the hurt and anger i felt when it wasn't true…
my guts are a mess right now, i don't even know what to do…
I WANT BITE, and i want it yesterday.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1389167659.176233.jpg

HOLY SPACE BALLS!!!
it really works now? kinda.
No themes, but the beta loaded bite on my 5s finally!!!

It pretty much the stock message app right now, just themed a little.

But it's here!!! So close!!!

Ok so quick reply kinda works, and quick compose works with volume + tap feature.
Quick reply works just different than I am used to.
Oh my goodness I am so happy right now

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Dang it Jim and I just upgraded to Beta 3 last night and I can't jail break now wah!! Guess I'll have to restore back to 7.0.4

iRy757

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Dang it Jim and I just upgraded to Beta 3 last night and I can't jail break now wah!! Guess I'll have to restore back to 7.0.4

Apple didn't patch the JB with Beta 3, I heard. I'd give it a try.

EDIT: Nevermind, it was a "modified" version of Evasi0n7 that JBs beta 3.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
No big really just 5-10 mins of my time to go back and restore LOL I've already done this like 3 times haha.

Bosox20

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know if there is a way to get rid of the instructions at the top telling you to swip up or to the right when you get a QR pop up ? Or is it just showing because it's a Beta?

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
That alert only happened to me once. And it didn't happen on the first try. How did you get activator to work
Did you just use activator instead of going through bite option?
Also as far as license, I have a new phone obviously and a new number so I think I'm out of luck on the license recovery, I searched through my PayPal and didn't see a purchase :(

Bosox20

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Weird that alert shows every time I get a new text pop up. If I touch it it goes away.

I always had activator installed. When I downloaded bite I just set my gesture within activator and it works perfectly. I don't mind purchasing another license. Totally worth it for their hard work.

Bosox20

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
It's really bothering me now. If I get text and I don't look at the pop-up and I go right to the app itself that message up top stays on the screen and blocks the names??

Never mind. It's gone. :).

Last edited:

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Well it is a beta? I don't have that many tweaks yet maybe it's a small comparability issue. Also go through the plist and see if there is a "shown tutorial" or some kind of setting like that.
Also bite team restored my license after an email. Took them less than 5 minutes to respond and restore my license!!! These guts are great!!