How long does evasi0n 7 take?

ewarhol

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
So I upgraded my iPhones 4s to 7.0.4 and now I'm trying to jailbreak. All goes well until it says "configuring system (2/2)". It's been at this point for 5+ minutes. I don't recall the previous versions of evasi0n taking this long.

When I went to download the evasi0n program I was not able to click on the windows download. I have Internet Exploer 9 and the windows link told me Internet Exploer is outdated. So, I download a mirror copy from box. Not sure if this matters.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
So I upgraded my iPhones 4s to 7.0.4 and now I'm trying to jailbreak. All goes well until it says "configuring system (2/2)". It's been at this point for 5+ minutes. I don't recall the previous versions of evasi0n taking this long.

When I went to download the evasi0n program I was not able to click on the windows download. I have Internet Exploer 9 and the windows link told me Internet Exploer is outdated. So, I download a mirror copy from box. Not sure if this matters.

Doesn't matter which one.

For it being stuck at the "configuring system 2/2" part people have said to use a faster computer.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Will it work with a slower computer? I assume it will, just takes longer

You could wait a bit longer to see if it will go, if not restore your phone as new then jailbreak then load all your stuff back on. I know with the previous jailbreaks if you have a lot of stuff on your phone it took awhile.

(If you want a comparison I have an amd phenom x4 quad core processor @ 2.2ghz & 4 GB of ram with windows 7 home premium 64-bit sp1 and it took about 1-2 minutes on my 5th gen iPod touch (restored as new) which has the same chip as the 4S)

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk

ewarhol

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Got it to work and used the same laptop. I was at work originally and restored/updated my phone there, JB wouldn't work there. Shut down computer went home and tried it. JB finished in under 5 minuts. So this leaves me wondering if either 1) my work wifi wouldn't let me communicate with evasi0n network (if that's even needed during JB). At home I used my wife's phone with MyWi as the router when JB worked. Or 2) the shutdown after using iTunes for restore/upgrade freed up memory for using evasi0n.

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I was jailbroken in less than 15 minutes. I went to eat lunch and when I came back, I had to unlock my phone, tap the Evasion icon, then it did its thing and I was back up and running.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711