Possibility of security feature
I was thinking earlier would it be possible with a jail break tweak or something Apple implemented for say when a thief steals an iDevice that is protected by TouchID or pass code when they go to turn off the device that it could prompt a security measure to either have the pass code entered or fingerprint scanned before the phone would shut off?
Would this be done software wise or have to be built into the hardware as well?
Activation lock is a step in the right direction but having the ability to stop the thief from turning off the phone would be awesome or if we could just activate a self destruct sequence from iCloud.com that would epic too LOL.
Just thought I would try to spurn some ideas and conversation here.
Carried by a raven from the Wall.
- 01-05-2014, 01:50 PM #2
- 01-05-2014, 02:54 PM #3
Re: Possibility of security feature
Interesting idea but preventing it from turning off would only help until it completely ran out of power. Then when plugged in it would have to re power on. But it could help in locating a stolen phone in the short term.
As for a self-destruct in iCloud.com, I'm fairly sure you can access find my iPhone in a browser and wipe your phone from there. Not quite a self-destruct but it does protect your data.
- 01-05-2014, 03:21 PM #5
- 01-06-2014, 02:44 PM #6
- By shadyace in forum iPad mini 2Replies: 6Last Post: 02-05-2014, 05:44 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 01-06-2014, 09:05 AM
- By NicosNicolaou in forum iOS 7Replies: 2Last Post: 01-05-2014, 08:01 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 01-05-2014, 07:42 AM
- By Jim Layne in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 01-04-2014, 10:17 PM