Possibility of security feature

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys,

I was thinking earlier would it be possible with a jail break tweak or something Apple implemented for say when a thief steals an iDevice that is protected by TouchID or pass code when they go to turn off the device that it could prompt a security measure to either have the pass code entered or fingerprint scanned before the phone would shut off?

Would this be done software wise or have to be built into the hardware as well?

Activation lock is a step in the right direction but having the ability to stop the thief from turning off the phone would be awesome or if we could just activate a self destruct sequence from iCloud.com that would epic too LOL.

Just thought I would try to spurn some ideas and conversation here.

Carried by a raven from the Wall.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Interesting idea but preventing it from turning off would only help until it completely ran out of power. Then when plugged in it would have to re power on. But it could help in locating a stolen phone in the short term.
As for a self-destruct in iCloud.com, I'm fairly sure you can access find my iPhone in a browser and wipe your phone from there. Not quite a self-destruct but it does protect your data.

LOL I know about the remote wipe but it would be kind of James Bond like to have a self destruct haha.

Carried by a raven from the Wall.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
As cool as it sounds I can see owners going to the Apple store with a hand full of rubble saying is this covered under my warranty 😜

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711