Ipad 3 on 5.1.1 stuck in recovery loop

Andrew Dulina

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
I recently tried to update my ipad 3 to ios 7 using itunes which was previously on 5.1.1 and was jailbroken (yes i know... i should have restored the JB before using itunes...) My ipad has been stuck in the recovery mode loop for two days now. I tries using redsn0w and it did not work, tried tiny umbrella. I also cant restore my software to an IPSW that i downloaded. Does anyone have any other tricks to try to get me out of this recovery loop? When im out, whats the best way to approach upgrading to ios 7 and then re-jailbreaking using evasi0n 7?

Andrew Dulina

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Sorry about that...

Maybe this helps?

ivb8eq.jpg

sanc333

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Connect your ipad to your computer, then open itunes. Now press the home button and power button simultaneously. As soon as the device shuts down leave the power button and press only the home button. This will put your ipad to DFU mode.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums mobile app

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Connect your ipad to your computer, then open itunes. Now press the home button and power button simultaneously. As soon as the device shuts down leave the power button and press only the home button. This will put your ipad to DFU mode.

He is already in DFU mode. See post #5 and the bottom of the photo in his previous post.

Andrew Dulina

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
When I restore in iTunes I. DFU mode I get the apple logo and the loading bar, but it never loads. It's been sitting at 0% for about 20 minutes.

Thanks for all the help guys I really appreciate your time.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site

No, it won't. You cannot enter DFU mode that way.

Now Andrew, how far have you gotten to this point? You'll definitely want to upgrade your iTunes, but I trust you've already done that as it'll require you to download the new iTunes to get iOS7.

I'm trusting you've kept your iPad plugged in so it maintained a charge. That way it never left DFU.
When you open iTunes, what does it say about your device, if anything?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711