Can I get the Swype keyboard on my iPhone 5 if I jailbreak it?

tanknitrous

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
I'm running 7.0.4, and I'd love to jailbreak to get a swype keyboard on my iPhone 5. Is this possible if I jailbreak? I'd like a swype keyboard mostly for text messages without having to use some app where I'd have to type then import message.

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
They have swype keyboards in the App Store. They just replace they stock keyboard, no need to import anything. No jb required

coltsbr

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
They have swype keyboards in the App Store. They just replace they stock keyboard, no need to import anything. No jb required

What App Store app will give you swype and will replace the stock keyboard? Everyone I have seen will not replace the stock keyboard.

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Possible? Yes. At one point there was a tweak that performed this task.

Does it exist? A quick google search would be your best bet to find a potential tweak's name.

tanknitrous

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site

Appreciate the response. Maybe I'm wording this wrong? I'm talking about getting Swype in the messages app for example. There are Swype like apps in the App Store. However. They require you to take what you've written then move it to the message app afterwards. It's a huge hassle and waste of time. It's also annoying. I want to replace the stock default keyboard with a swype keyboard across my iPhone. Just wanting to know if I can do this if I jailbreak.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
There was a tweak called iSwipe. It was "functional" at best. If you had a droid and had an actual swipe keyboard it would make you throw your phone. It never received any updates after it released and was way back on iOS 5. I think you will not have much luck.

tanknitrous

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
There was a tweak called iSwipe. It was "functional" at best. If you had a droid and had an actual swipe keyboard it would make you throw your phone. It never received any updates after it released and was way back on iOS 5. I think you will not have much luck.

Thanks man. I'll end this quest then. I don't wanna mess with my iPhone for something I don't really need anyway.

buckle2600

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
Hey man,
I just wanted to let you know that there are two Cydia apps you can get when you jailbreak. One is iSwipe, and the other is Touchpal. I installed and uninstalled both today because currently neither of them are working on iOS 7 right now. Also, I agree that iSwipe isn't as good as Nuance's Swype (the version on Android). I'm waiting on Touchpal to release their update. A tweet came out recently that said they are working on it, but they didn't give a time table.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711