Will we have to jailbreak again for iOS 7.1, providing apple doesn't patch the vulnerability?

jmendel33

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
So heres my question, im sure its been asked before, but i saw saurik has released the new version of mobile substrate this morn so now things will actually work on my 5s jailbroken, but my ? Is will we have to jailbreak again once 7.1 is released, providing apple doesnt patch the vunerabilities?

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
So heres my question, im sure its been asked before, but i saw saurik has released the new version of mobile substrate this morn so now things will actually work on my 5s jailbroken, but my ? Is will we have to jailbreak again once 7.1 is released, providing apple doesnt patch the vunerabilities?

Tweaks still have to be updated for arm64 support. And once 7.1 is released apple most likely will patch the exploits used but if they don't then you would have to restore to 7.1 and rejailbreak but it will take a while for the jailbreak tool to be updated for 7.1

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk

Bosox20

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Dumb question. If I haven't jailbroke yet, when I do tonight will the MS update automatically be part of the JB or will i still have to do an update?

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Dumb question. If I haven't jailbroke yet, when I do tonight will the MS update automatically be part of the JB or will i still have to do an update?

You'll need to update. Once u open Cydia for the first time, it will most likely have a few upgrades you need to do

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
NP. Just keep in mind that their (cydia) servers are probably getting hammered since EVERYONE is trying to do the same thing, so you may get timeout errors or longer load times. This is normal

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Tweaks still have to be updated for arm64 support. And once 7.1 is released apple most likely will patch the exploits used but if they don't then you would have to restore to 7.1 and rejailbreak but it will take a while for the jailbreak tool to be updated for 7.1

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk

The tweaks being updated have nothing to do with his question.

If the exploits aren't fixed, which is unlikely, you'll see the tool updated within 24 hours. That's pretty standard. Look at the 6.x evasi0n tool as an example. If 24 hours is a while, then yes we'd have to wait a while.

jmendel, iOS is like windows for your phone. Every time you update iOS, you're reformatting your phone, installing a new OS, and then optionally restoring some data you saved prior to the reformat. Jailbreaks find vulnerabilities in the OS to inject some additional programming to allow you to gain more access to your phone. The programming is just a modification of what is already on the phone. When you reformat, you delete this additional programming as well as the iOS. If the new iOS changes the former code, the vulnerabilities might not exist anymore. Generally speaking, Apple makes a point to ensure those vulnerabilities do not exist. If they do, you simply need to run the updated tool again. If not, someone needs to invest time to find other vulnerabilities to produce the same result. As the jailbreak is purely software, you need to make the software modifications each time you restore the phone. If jailbreaks were hardware, you'd get to avoid re-jailbreaking. Going forward, the most important thing for you to take from this is updating your iOS, even to the same version, means you're erasing the jailbreak. As such, you'll need to jailbreak again if you'd like to maintain the jailbreak.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2