Jailbroken iPhone 4S on 5.0.1 looking to upgrade to ios7 and jailbreak

pyrogram

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
How should I proceed so that I can backup both my AppStore apps and my Cydia apps before updating to ios 7 and jailbreaking? Is backing my Cydia apps even viable given that most probably aren't ios 7 compatible? Also, what steps exactly should I follow to safely update to ios 7 and then jailbreak?

Thanks in advance for any help

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Back up your iPhone thru iTunes or thru iCloud and that will save your data. There are a few programs/tweaks in Cydia that back up your tweaks such as package backup. But as u stated, very very few apps/tweaks are iOS 7 compatible. And to upgrade your 4S, place in dfu mode and upgrade thru iTunes.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
There are too many things that wrong with the iOS 7 jailbreak.

The jailbreak itself is fine--it was just unexpected, so a lot of developers were caught off guard and haven't had a chance to update their tweaks yet. Best advice (and in fact the advice the creator of Cydia is giving right now) is to jailbreak but don't install anything until Mobile Substrate--which most tweaks will require to run correctly--is updated.

To the OP, I'd suggest simply writing down your Cydia tweaks (or taking screenshots of your Packages list) and re-installing them as they get updated. Trying to automate the backup and reinstalls during such a major iOS rewrite is asking for trouble.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
The jailbreak itself is fine--it was just unexpected, so a lot of developers were caught off guard and haven't had a chance to update their tweaks yet. Best advice (and in fact the advice the creator of Cydia is giving right now) is to jailbreak but don't install anything until Mobile Substrate--which most tweaks will require to run correctly--is updated.

To the OP, I'd suggest simply writing down your Cydia tweaks (or taking screenshots of your Packages list) and re-installing them as they get updated. Trying to automate the backup and reinstalls during such a major iOS rewrite is asking for trouble.

I meant about how mysterious the launch was.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77