iOS 7 Jailbreak failed - Help please

rosenstar

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
I've been on iOS 6, plugged my iPad 2 into my computer, upgraded through iTunes. Restored my back up, then jailbroke (using evasi0n7).

I am now stuck in an endless loop. The apple logo appears, disappears, screen goes completely black, apple logo appears, etc. I plugged it into my computer, but iTunes does not recognize the device. Help?

rosenstar

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
I've managed to put the iPad into recovery mode, and restore iOS 7.

The Jailbreak isn't taking for some reason. I've tried restoring my back up, and I've also tried restoring stock iOS 7 (not back up, continue restore process as 'new' iPad). I make sure iTunes (and all other programs) are shut down before running evasi0n. I run evasi0n (on my PC), start the JB. The evasi0n icon appears on my iPad home screen. I open it, and it starts booting, doing the stuff with the kernal, etc. Eventually, my PC completes the JB, and one button on evasi0n says 'exit'. I click it, evasi0n closes, and my iPad reboots and shows the apple logo. And the screen goes black. And the apple logo appears. Then the screen goes black. And then the apple logo reappears. And this keeps happening.

I'm on a windows 7 PC, trying to JB an iPad 2 with iOS 7.04. The iPad has been restored (multiple times) through iTunes, not over wifi. I don't have any other programs open on the PC. What could I possibly be doing wrong?

EDIT: some research has shown that the iPad 2 w/ wifi only (iPad R2) cannot be jailbroken. BUZZKILL!

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Are you running the Evasion jailbreak as Administrator under windows... sometimes it takes actually running as Administrator even though your Windows user account has Admin privileges...

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
This JB was very rushed. Devs trying to beat other debs to the punch to get a JB out. I normally JB but I won't touch this one even with a 10 foot pole. Stay away from it until it gets updated a few times.

rosenstar

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Are you running the Evasion jailbreak as Administrator under windows... sometimes it takes actually running as Administrator even though your Windows user account has Admin privileges...

I was logged in as the admin. The JB was doesn't work for iPad R2 (gen 2, wifi only).

This JB was very rushed. Devs trying to beat other debs to the punch to get a JB out. I normally JB but I won't touch this one even with a 10 foot pole. Stay away from it until it gets updated a few times.

^This. I knew it was rushed, but I only wanted one iPad tweak (SwipeSelection) which was one of the first ready to install (everything else I use has been implemented into iOS 7 already). I figured since it was a holiday and I had the time, not much could go wrong... false!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2