iOS upgrade (in preparation for Evasi0n7)

rosenstar

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Hello all,

I've been JB'd on iOS6 for the past year or so, but plan to (eventually) upgrade to iOS 7 and jailbreak. What versions of iOS 7 can be jailbroken, and when can we expect apple to release a fix for the exploit?

thatgirl87

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
7.0, 7.0.1, 7.0.2, 7.0.3, 7.0.4, 7.1b1, 7.1b2. Maybe they'll fix the exploit by 7.1b3. They'll most likely release it to the developers after the new year. If they don't patch it, we'll be lucky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rosenstar

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
7.0, 7.0.1, 7.0.2, 7.0.3, 7.0.4, 7.1b1, 7.1b2. Maybe they'll fix the exploit by 7.1b3. They'll most likely release it to the developers after the new year. If they don't patch it, we'll be lucky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have no intentions of putting a beta upgrade on my phone, is it fair to assume that most tweaks should be updated before Apple releases 7.1?

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
There are only a few tweaks compatible with iOS 7. If you updated using OTA you must restore the device or the jailbreak will fail.

rosenstar

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
There are only a few tweaks compatible with iOS 7. If you updated using OTA you must restore the device or the jailbreak will fail.

It seems my jailbreak has failed. I upgraded the device iOS 6, restored my back up, then jailbroke it. Should I have held off on the back up until after the jailbreak?

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
The backup shouldn't have had an impact. I haven't seen what they're doing with this particular jailbreak. I've only known one where that was an issue and even then it was a time issue rather than a functionality one.

You upgraded to iOS6 or iOS7? Did you use OTA or plug into iTunes?

rosenstar

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
The backup shouldn't have had an impact. I haven't seen what they're doing with this particular jailbreak. I've only known one where that was an issue and even then it was a time issue rather than a functionality one.

You upgraded to iOS6 or iOS7? Did you use OTA or plug into iTunes?

I upgraded from iOS 6 to iOS 7. I upgraded by plugging into itunes.

EDIT:
I'm stuck in an endless loop. The apple logo appears, disappears, screen goes completely black, apple logo appears, etc. I plugged it into my computer, but iTunes does not recognize the device. Help?

EDIT #2:
Started a new thread for failed JB: http://forums.imore.com/jailbreakin...jailbreak-failed-help-please.html#post2157584

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73