Why are my winterboard themes not working?

I

iMore Question

I have an iPhone 5 ios 7.0.4 every time I apply a theme in winterboard and respring nothing happens
every time it resprings everything is still exactly the same as a normal ios 7 iPhone, already tried turning summerboard mode off and on
and still nothing happens.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Winterboard (and most other things) will not work correctly until a bunch of other updates happen. Sit tight for a few days.

Doodler32

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
Everything says that Winterboard got updated for ios 7 (Yes, I updated it) on January 12 and I still can't use it for most things, just very, very few. For example, one of the things I'm trying to get is called "Rainbow Keyboard," and so after downloading it, I went into "Select Themes" and I checked it, it rebooted, and yet I didn't have a rainbow or even colored keyboard of any type. This happens with 90% of everything I try to get with Winterboard. Does it need another update, or am I just doing something wrong?

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Saurik has said that winterboard still needs to be updated. Most things wont work on iOS 7 currently.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Everything says that Winterboard got updated for ios 7 (Yes, I updated it) on January 12 and I still can't use it for most things, just very, very few. For example, one of the things I'm trying to get is called "Rainbow Keyboard," and so after downloading it, I went into "Select Themes" and I checked it, it rebooted, and yet I didn't have a rainbow or even colored keyboard of any type. This happens with 90% of everything I try to get with Winterboard. Does it need another update, or am I just doing something wrong?

Winterboard was updated, but the VAST majority of things that use winterboard have not been updated yet. A lot has changed and many themes won't work without considerable updating by their designers.

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
As of now, winterboard will only theme the icons, but not the UI or anything else. So if u purchase a theme, expect only the icons to change and nothing else.

Kari Savolainen

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
I have 3rd gen ipad and no matter what theme I try, the icons are not changing. I was able to remove dock icon texts with winterboard, but that seems to be the only thing working. Should changing icons work? It is the number one thing i would like to change in ios7.

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
I have 3rd gen ipad and no matter what theme I try, the icons are not changing. I was able to remove dock icon texts with winterboard, but that seems to be the only thing working. Should changing icons work? It is the number one thing i would like to change in ios7.

See answer right above your post

Kari Savolainen

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
It does not matter which theme I try on iPad, none of them works. I'm stuck with the default icons.

I made a test and jailbroke my iPhone 4 as well. There icon themes work just fine, so this is some weird issue with iPad.

Drew Reed

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
You have to have themes specifically designed for ipad. Not sure if it's always been that way with Winterboard, but it seems to be now. Try DNA for ipad, that theme will work on ipad.

panicpanic

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I tried a couple of iPad specific Themes under iOS 7.0.4. None of them worked. Only "M’Flat Icon Pack" managed to change a total of 4 or so icons.
Very disappointing, especially because everything works fine on my iPhone 5s.

fleeper

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
I have an IP5 with Winterboard and I am trying to install dslk--typo5 which I think works on iOS 7 devices but after I re-spring nothing happens. Other Cydia apps work but I cannot get any theme to load. Am I missing something? I go into Cydia, choose the theme, install it, then go into Winterboard and choose it and re-spring but nothing changes.

dslk--typo5 is a lock screen theme, Typo5 Lockscreen, most creative iPhone/iPod Touch Lockscreen theme on Cydia | Jailbreak Matrix but nothing changes.

Maybe it is not ready for iOS 7 yet but it does not say that in app description in Cydia as other apps/tweaks do.

Any tip to fix would be great. Thanks.

Last edited:

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Lockscreen themes don't work on iOS 7 without groovylock or lockHTML3

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members