iOS 7 jailbreak is here

Vijay Pal

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi Guys,

I am nooby so asking this question regarding the jailbreak process.
In the process it is said that if you ever updated your iPhone via OTA then full restore (via .ipa file) is recommended and then jailbreak , I just want to know that in this case I will lost my all the installed apps. So how to get all the apps back after jailbreak.
Can someone clear my doubt or tell me exact process.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Hi Guys,

I am nooby so asking this question regarding the jailbreak process.
In the process it is said that if you ever updated your iPhone via OTA then full restore (via .ipa file) is recommended and then jailbreak , I just want to know that in this case I will lost my all the installed apps. So how to get all the apps back after jailbreak.
Can someone clear my doubt or tell me exact process.

All you need to do is a backup through iTunes then make sure you have 7.0.4 downloaded to restore your iPhone. To do the restore make sure your iPhone is plugged into your computer and iTunes is running. To put your iPhone into DFU mode to restore the software simply hold the sleep/wake button and home button together till your phone reboots wait till the apple logo appears and then let go of the sleep/wake button but keep holding the home button until the screen says plug into iTunes. Once that shows a screen on iTunes will appear saying it's detected an iPhone in recovery mode. Simply hit restore find the file for 7.0.4 then restore the software. Once your phone is restored simply pick your backup and voila your settings and apps will be restored now you can commence with the jail break. Hope that helps.

Carried by a raven from the Wall.

Vijay Pal

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I did as explained above , but didn't ask for the downloaded file and automatically started extracting files and restored and then I restored backup, is it safe now to proceed for jailbreak ...?

rlacrossjr

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Holding sleep and home when plugged into iTunes is just a restore not DFU mode. DFU will not show a plug into iTunes. DFU is press and hold sleep for 3 sec, still holding sleep and press and hold the home buttons for 10 sec. Then release the sleep but still hold the home for about 30 sec. If done right iTunes should register in restore mode but your screen should be black.

You only need to use this if you trying to restore with jailbreak on your phone already. If no jailbreak you can just backup and click the restore button in iTunes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Holding sleep and home when plugged into iTunes is just a restore not DFU mode. DFU will not show a plug into iTunes. DFU is press and hold sleep for 3 sec, still holding sleep and press and hold the home buttons for 10 sec. Then release the sleep but still hold the home for about 30 sec. If done right iTunes should register in restore mode but your screen should be black.

You only need to use this if you trying to restore with jailbreak on your phone already. If no jailbreak you can just backup and click the restore button in iTunes.

Well Rene's article says something different holding the home button sleep button then release the sleep after 10 sec then the home button after an additional 5 but I could never get it the phone would always reboot. The way I explained worked like a charm and I was able to restore to 7.0.4.

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Well Rene's article says something different holding the home button sleep button then release the sleep after 10 sec then the home button after an additional 5 but I could never get it the phone would always reboot. The way I explained worked like a charm and I was able to restore to 7.0.4.

Neither of you really have the correct timing, but he was closer than you were.

He was also correct about the screen display. You will get an all-black screen while in DFU mode. What Rene helped you get into was just restore mode. If it worked for you, great. But, it wasn't DFU mode.

rlacrossjr

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Rejailbreak with Evais0n 1.0.1 and no animation lag also only reason for me to due so bitesms 8.0 beta out. Very nice on my iPhone 5

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal