how to downgrade

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Downgrade to what iOS and do u have any shsh blobs saved?

Be realistic. Someone asking about the upgrade process that doesn't mention shsh blobs has no idea what you're talking about.

Kaitlin: Dev-Team Blog Go to that link. At the end of the first post is a group of links for redsn0w. Choose the one for your computer. Run it. Choose Extras, SHSH blobs, Query.

That will tell you which blobs Cydia has stored for your device. These blobs are specific to your device and you cannot downgrade without them. Whatever list you have there is the options you have to downgrade. If none are found, you won't be able to downgrade. When you can tell us which you have available, we can help you better.

kaitlin4599

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
ok i quarried my ecid info and got nothing but a blank white box i also used tiny umbrella to save my SHSH blob files that were on the device when i got it the only blobs i have are the blobs from the 6.1.3 ios version that was on the phone when i bought it

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Laelipoo is right. You're unable to downgrade without those blobs.

Blobs can only be acquired while apple is still signing the iOS. That's why you got the 6.1.3 blobs with tiny umbrella.

Your choices are to remain stock, wait for an unlikely 6.1.3 untethered jailbreak, or endure a semi-untethered setup that annoys most.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Laelipoo is right. You're unable to downgrade without those blobs.

Blobs can only be acquired while apple is still signing the iOS. That's why you got the 6.1.3 blobs with tiny umbrella.

Your choices are to remain stock, wait for an unlikely 6.1.3 untethered jailbreak, or endure a semi-untethered setup that annoys most.

If the 3GS is an "old bootrom" then iOS 6.1.3 can be jailbroken untethered

Sent from my 5th gen iPod Touch or iPhone 5S iPhone using Tapatalk

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
If the 3GS is an "old bootrom" then iOS 6.1.3 can be jailbroken untethered

Unless I've missed something, you're talking about the jailbreak that uses the evasi0n process with the 6.0 ipsw. That jailbreak works on the old bootrom 3gs and 4. It requires the user to plug the phone back in to regain the full jailbreak functionality similar to a tethered jailbreak. But, the phone remains functional which is similar to an untether. That's why it's been called a semi-(un)tethered jailbreak.

Did they put more work into that workaround to get it fully untethered?

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Unless I've missed something, you're talking about the jailbreak that uses the evasi0n process with the 6.0 ipsw. That jailbreak works on the old bootrom 3gs and 4. It requires the user to plug the phone back in to regain the full jailbreak functionality similar to a tethered jailbreak. But, the phone remains functional which is similar to an untether. That's why it's been called a semi-(un)tethered jailbreak.

Did they put more work into that workaround to get it fully untethered?

No the "old bootrom" 3GS is jailbreakable untethered on any iOS version cause it uses a untethered bootrom exploit. The "new bootrom" 3GS uses the limerain exploit like the 4.

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2