With no new jailbreaks in a while, is anyone really missing them these days?

Chris Parsons

Oct 30, 2007
Visit site
I used to Jailbreak all my iPhones but eventually, it got to the point it was so long for a new jailbreak I just stopped caring. So anyone else like me, just not really missing them these days?

mpham2

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
iOS7 does make it easier to go without a jailbreak. Will probably still do it when it becomes available.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
With all of the new features that iOS 7 came with, I no longer have to Jailbreaking anymore. I used to do it so I can tether my iPhone with my iPad using my unlimited data plan. However, now that T-Mobile is giving me 200MB of iPad data free each month I don't need to tether anymore.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
With all of the new features that iOS 7 came with, I no longer have to Jailbreaking anymore. I used to do it so I can tether my iPhone with my iPad using my unlimited data plan. However, now that T-Mobile is giving me 200MB of iPad data free each month I don't need to tether anymore.

Agreed the only thing I'll still jailbreak for is BiteSMS until Apple implements the QR.

Carried by a raven from the Wall.

mynameis

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Agreed the only thing I'll still jailbreak for is BiteSMS until Apple implements the QR.

Does that mean that we'll be seeing BiteSMS without a jailbreak? If so, that's awesome. I tried out the free trial of Bite and I really liked it. I'd love to see it in the App Store. I'd even pay a few bucks for it and I don't purchase many apps.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Does that mean that we'll be seeing BiteSMS without a jailbreak? If so, that's awesome. I tried out the free trial of Bite and I really liked it. I'd love to see it in the App Store. I'd even pay a few bucks for it and I don't purchase many apps.

I don't know about Bite being available without a JB I was referring to Apple implementing actionable notification like they have with Mavericks.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I previously jailbroke for two things... 1)iBlacklist - the iOS7 blocking takes care of that... and SBsettings - Control Center took care of that.

ZeroLeonheart

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Lovin every minute of my jailbreak

View attachment 42869

I'm trying to figure out what some of your icons mean. I got calendar, don't know about the water drop, nor the aloe plant, got camera, clock, Apple Store?, Maps, settings, second iPhone, keyboard, maritime flags, and The Matrix. Also, another giant clock. ;)

All joking aside, I like the weather on the bottom. That's cool.

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
I'm trying to figure out what some of your icons mean. I got calendar, don't know about the water drop, nor the aloe plant, got camera, clock, Apple Store?, Maps, settings, second iPhone, keyboard, maritime flags, and The Matrix. Also, another giant clock. ;)

All joking aside, I like the weather on the bottom. That's cool.

Water drop is Weather App, clock is Clock app, gears are Settings App, keyboard is BiteSmS, Apple is App Store, flower is photo app. Moving clouds in background and panoramic walls that change with weather and time. Gotta love it

mynameis

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Lovin every minute of my jailbreak

View attachment 42869

But to be honest, I personally don't like that look at all. iOS 7 looks a lot better to me. Even when I had my jailbroken iPhone 4, all I used were tweaks. I don't ever get themes because I think they just look tacky. The tweaks are awesome and I can't wait for the jailbreak for iOS 7. I can only imagine all the cool little things we'll be able to do. But if you like it, awesome. It's your phone.

tru3north

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
I jailbroke every iDevice from the original iPhone thru iPhone 4 and iPad 2. But I found the most recent jailbreaks also broke a thing or two - nothing major, just small features. I stopped jailbreaking beginning with 4s and don't miss it one iota. The pretty themes got tired for me, too.

I'd be curious - let's make this a survey and see the results. How many former jailbreakers have stopped?

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
My first time jailbreaking was my 3rd gen iPod touch on iOS 4.3.2 and continued to jailbreak it up to 5.1.1 which is where it is currently. I've also jailbroken my 4S on 5.0.1, 5.1.1, 6.1, 6.1.1 and my 5th gen iPod touch on 6.1 and I still will continue jailbreaking until I don't need to. I jailbreak for ifile, sbsettings, fast blurred notification center, forecast, and cyueue. So far with iOS 7 I still see the need to jailbreak so I'll be waiting for one to be released but I'll be keeping my 5th gen iPod touch on the last jailbreakable version of iOS 7 this time.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 4S (iPhone 5S on order) using Tapatalk

swampbaby

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
The first time I jailbroke when when I used the ex's phone as a test subject as I was nervous to try it on my phone first for fear of something going wrong. That was in the 3G S days. The last time I jailbroke was on the 4S I don't recall the iOS build number however it was in the 6.*** days. I personally got tired of the cat and mouse game with jailbreaks always having to wait for a jailbreak when a major version of iOS was released. It all just became more of a hassle than it was worth. I do however still miss biteSMS and My-Wi. I would never jailbreak for the themes because I personally find they make the phone look god awful and tacky.

Just my two cents.

jmripollg

May 9, 2012
Visit site
I used to jailbreak because I didn't like the previous UI and I enjoyed a lot of tweaks. I actually like the iOS 7 UI very much so I was asking myself this very same question the other day. Which tweaks would be useful and available once iOS 7 is jailbroken? Basically, I miss Springtomize a little bit and another tweak called Chip which allowed me to customize notification sounds for each individual app. There was one tweak whose name I can't remember which made notification banners thinner and its contents scrolled across the banner. I won't be jailbreaking the same day it becomes available like I used to. I'll probably wait to see when/if any or all of these tweaks available for iOS 7 and then I'll make my decision. Also, I think it will be very interesting to see what developers come up with then! I think that will make or break the future of jailbreaking.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
That's a great question, I haven't jailbroken a device in some time ... iOS7 has been great, I am anxious to see the next gen jailbreak apps that are released once a jailbreak is released for the iPhone 5s.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73