Quest. on removing Jailbreak
I'm thinking of selling my iP4 (love my iP5), which is just sitting in its orig. box in my desk. I'm a little rusty regarding JB'ing and have a few questions. Let me start with a brief background:
1.) My iP4 is JB'ed, running iOS6
2.) My MBP's motherboard is fried, so I have to resort to using my PC Netbook to do the restore.
3.) I have iTunes on my Netbook, but have never synched it to my iP4.
Given this background, what are the necessary steps to restore to factory defaults?
Do I first download the appropriate ipsw to my Netbook, then connect the phone to iTunes, load the ipsw and hit "restore?" If so, can someone direct me to a download link?
Do I charge the phone, connect it to my WiFi network and let let it perform an iCloud backup first?
Sorry for the long-winded post, any help would be greatly appreciated!
- 10-18-2013, 03:43 PM #2iMore Pro
- 707 Posts
Re: Quest. on removing Jailbreak
All you need to do is connect to iTunes and restore to factory settings. I would then set it up as a new phone and cancel the sync when it starts as it could get messy. Obviously it will install the latest version of iOS which is 7.0.2 I believe which is not currently jail breakable, but will be soon. If your thinking of selling it, that's all you need to do. Just make sure you cancel the sync if it kicks in. Hope this makes sense.
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 09-29-2014, 03:06 PM
- By Sekelani Zwambila in forum iPhone 5sReplies: 21Last Post: 11-15-2013, 10:22 AM
- By Jaguarr40 in forum Guides & How-To ArticlesReplies: 6Last Post: 10-18-2013, 07:34 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 10-18-2013, 01:40 PM
- By baseballbert in forum iPhone 5Replies: 2Last Post: 10-17-2013, 04:55 PM