New to Jailbreaking, never have before, where do I go, what do I do?

ajm91484

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
So after seeing the posts about all the cool things and the way you can "design" your home screen/lock screen I would love to know how to go about doing so with my iphone 4s. I have no idea what to do or how to go about doing so. When I had the palm pre I had detailed instructions on how to go about tweaking etc. so is there something like this? Do i download something?

Thank you again.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
If you're running iOS7, don't get excited about a jailbreak until it's possible to do it... meanwhile, the iMore blog has lots of jailbreak info available, as does the jailbreak section of the forum... read up.

ajm91484

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Thank you, I didn't know it wasn't available, I will look at the blog. I didn't see anything in the jailbreak section but will go back and read some more thank you again.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
sadly, it's gonna be a while.. my suggestion would be to read about it and watch videos too. see if it is something that you'd like to try

unfortunately once there is a jailbreak you may only get one crack at it due to if you ever having to restore the device. which Apple conveniently makes it even more difficult to jailbreak again

ajm91484

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
For the most part anything I've wanted to do there's either an app or my iphone already does so. I'm in no hurry what so ever, was curious since I've never done it before and from the forums appeared to be pretty cool. I've heard that if you mess up your phone, apple will not replace it what so ever so basically you would be stuck. I will def. do some reading and making sure before anything.

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
For the most part anything I've wanted to do there's either an app or my iphone already does so. I'm in no hurry what so ever, was curious since I've never done it before and from the forums appeared to be pretty cool. I've heard that if you mess up your phone, apple will not replace it what so ever so basically you would be stuck. I will def. do some reading and making sure before anything.

All you have to do is wipe it and restore as new if you have to take it in. The Apple folks will never know.

I've had my phone jail broken since the 5.1.1 release. I am still running that jailbreak. iOS stock bores me.

AmpedPotato

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
One of the reasons I'm holding off on the 5S is due to the unjailbreakable iOS7, not to mention the performance issues with iOS7. I'm currently on 6.1 jailbroken on my 4S and couldn't do without it. My iPad 2 is on 5.1.1 jailbroken and once again would hate to lose the jailbreak. It's really nice being able to do what you want with your iDevices instead of being limited to what Apple wants you to do with it.

iMore and http://jailbrea.kr/ will keep you updated on when new jailbreaks are available.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

ajm91484

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Amped Potato with the information, and ya it does suck not being able to do what you want and well after updating to iOS7 and found out too late that there was a way to go back to the older 6.1... thanks for the helpful link

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2