Heard some news today...

iRy757

May 14, 2012
Visit site
So I had a customer today who came in to look at TVs, then he found out we had 2 64GB iPhone 5S in stock for AT&T so he ended up upgrading to them. One was an early upgrade for his friend which he picked up the $599 charge for and another was for his family member out of state. Then he picked up a Chrome Cast for the hell of it. Anyways, the gentlemen I was working with was a successful MD and former hacker. He showed me his iPhone 5 with a evident jailbreak of iOS 7 on it. He wouldn't go into much detail but he said it is indeed out there if I found the right sources... So, obviously it has been done, the question is does anyone know where?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
When there's something out in terms of a legit jailbreak that's publicly available you can be the iMore blog will report it... and it will be all over the forum. Yeah, they guy may have something... maybe they (the jailbreak community) are holding out until Apple gets done with maintenance releases on 7.0.x to see if any of the vulnerabilities are getting plugged before letting anything out more...

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
So I had a customer today who came in to look at TVs, then he found out we had 2 64GB iPhone 5S in stock for AT&T so he ended up upgrading to them. One was an early upgrade for his friend which he picked up the $599 charge for and another was for his family member out of state. Then he picked up a Chrome Cast for the hell of it. Anyways, the gentlemen I was working with was a successful MD and former hacker. He showed me his iPhone 5 with a evident jailbreak of iOS 7 on it. He wouldn't go into much detail but he said it is indeed out there if I found the right sources... So, obviously it has been done, the question is does anyone know where?

You sure it wasn't a jb then themed to look like ios 7 ? Lol
Jk
It prob it out there just like most things it's finding it and who u know

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site

MD as in medical doctor? I'm not sure why that would matter.

With every iOS update and new device, the device has been jailbroken within days by hackers with access to the developer tools and a personal knowledge of security that exceeds the tech users by far.

There's a difference between these jailbreaks and the released jailbreaks. For one, they take advantage of code that devs have had concern would violate either copyright or NDAs. Either way, they aren't released in public jailbreaks.

The released jailbreaks are harder to come by as they require exploits that wouldn't be violations by the devs creating them. They also have to be easily applied by a mass population that includes non-hackers.

The sources he mentions aren't sources you can easily google just to look up. They're likely to share the information with you only if they either know you or respect your skill-set.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77