what a day-aaaargghhhh.all maybe not lost i hope

stooge75

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Earlier my phone was stuck on the connect to itunes logo.
Nothing was able to get it out of it,so i bit the bullet & restored thru itunes to ios 6.1.3.
Before I did this I had problems with the error 3194(trying to downgrade to 4.2.1).
So,anyway Ive managed to save my shsh blobs(emailed them to myself).My question is Can I now restore/downgrade to 4.2.1 if my shsh blobs are saved? any help would be appreciated. my heads' bursting,getting confused with DFU/recovery etc lol

stooge75

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for replying. I have 4.2.1 with saved & verified blobs. But each time i try to restore to 4.2.1 with itunes on 2 pc's, i keep getting error3194. Is there anyway to rectify this? I tried amending hosts file on main pc but no luck-still 3194.(ps im sure its 3194,but getting tired now plus getting old haha). Thanks for taking the time to help.

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Assuming your cable and USB port are both ok, try disabling any anti-virus. I also hear newer versions of iTunes prevent custom restores, so try using redsn0w to downgrade.

stooge75

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
tried redsnow,but no luck. yes ive just read that apple are no longer signing 6.1.3
do you have any links to a guide for redsnow jailbreak? will i be able to definitely jailbreak it with redsnow if i have firmware/shsh blobs saved?also can you tell me how my hosts file should look? Ive changed it so many times now haha

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
tried redsnow,but no luck. yes ive just read that apple are no longer signing 6.1.3
do you have any links to a guide for redsnow jailbreak? will i be able to definitely jailbreak it with redsnow if i have firmware/shsh blobs saved?also can you tell me how my hosts file should look? Ive changed it so many times now haha

If you're on 6.1.3 you can jailbreak, though it will most likely be a tethered one. The redsn0w website has the guide on how to jailbreak 6.1.3. I can repost it when I am no longer mobile.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner