How To Delete Jailbreak App Data After Updating To IO7

kuruptlon

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

I have an iPad 2 that was jailbroken running IOS 5.1.1. I decided to update my iPad to IOS 7 knowing that I would lose all the jailbroken goodness and apps. However, after the update I have storage on my device being used up by the app data from the now deleted jailbroken apps. I can't reinstall the apps unless a new jailbreak is released. Is there anyway to get rid of this app data left over on my device? I have tried iExplorer and I can see the app data but I can't get rid of it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeff

LazyStarGazer

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
I'm curious what the answer will be. I suspect it might be to restore as a new device, rather than restore from back up.

I was in a rush to update to iOS 7, so I didn't properly 'unjailbreak' and when I restored from back up I still had iblanks on my home screens.
Also still have an SBSettings tweak active where signal strength is displayed numerically (eg: -97) instead of the little dots you're supposed to see in iOS 7.

So far I'm not aware of these causing any issues, but who knows.

KuruptIon:
- How much space are these files taking up?
- Also, are they listed as 'Other' or something else?

kuruptlon

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm curious what the answer will be. I suspect it might be to restore as a new device, rather than restore from back up.

I was in a rush to update to iOS 7, so I didn't properly 'unjailbreak' and when I restored from back up I still had iblanks on my home screens.
Also still have an SBSettings tweak active where signal strength is displayed numerically (eg: -97) instead of the little dots you're supposed to see in iOS 7.

So far I'm not aware of these causing any issues, but who knows.

KuruptIon:
- How much space are these files taking up?
- Also, are they listed as 'Other' or something else?

Thanks for the reply.

It was a video app in particular, so I have some movies/tv shows on my device that I don't have access too taking up space(about 3gb).

They are showing up under "Documents & Data" on iTunes.

I never thought of restoring to new, I might have to do that.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Restore as new is your only choice since it will clear everything on your iOS device and then install iOS 7

Sent from my iPod touch (5th generation) using Tapatalk - now Free

kuruptlon

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Restore as new is your only choice since it will clear everything on your iOS device and then install iOS 7

Sent from my iPod touch (5th generation) using Tapatalk - now Free

You guys gave me an idea. I was able to edit my backup and delete the app data I didn't want using software called iBackupBot. Then I was able to restore using the edited backup.

Thanks guys

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2