Did you ditch your JB for iOS7? What do you miss, if anything?

talkin73

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
I have an iP5 on 6.1.2 with JB and really like things like CallBar, SBS, BiteSMS, LockInfo, AnyAttach and others. I know iOS7 sorta offers a handful of these features (or some version thereof) but I'm not convinced yet. Wondering if anyone had a JB with lots of the usual Cydia apps, ditched it for iOS7 and is feeling the love (or hate) since permanently giving up your JB???

hmandell48

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I ditched my JB on my iPad mini to test the waters of the new iOS before upgrading my iPhone 4. Although having a jailbroken iPad was never a big deal to me, unlike my phone, I miss the ability to force close all apps with Auxo, infinidock, customization of icon layouts, and small tweaks like swipe selection. There are a few things I don't like about iOS 7: Podcasts are no longer in the music app, airdrop is only between iOS devices, and iBooks was not redesigned, making it look out of place.

Oh, yeah...iFile and VLC

talkin73

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Starting to miss ac1d Siri and BiteSMS :/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I can definitely see missing BiteSMS. Of all the JB stuff they "borrowed" for iOS7, I am still confused why this seemingly wildly popular feature was omitted. Very disappointing.

talkin73

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
I ditched my JB on my iPad mini to test the waters of the new iOS before upgrading my iPhone 4. Although having a jailbroken iPad was never a big deal to me, unlike my phone, I miss the ability to force close all apps with Auxo, infinidock, customization of icon layouts, and small tweaks like swipe selection. There are a few things I don't like about iOS 7: Podcasts are no longer in the music app, airdrop is only between iOS devices, and iBooks was not redesigned, making it look out of place.

Oh, yeah...iFile and VLC

Yeah, I forgot about that Auxo feature, but it is my default method of fixing things when the device gets wonky :) I thought Podcasts was a separate app in iOS6?

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I got rid of my jailbreak on my 4S (6.1.1) & 5th gen iPod touch (6.1) for iOS 7. I do miss forecast, sbsettings, cyueue, ifile, and fast blurred notification center though

Sent from my iPod touch (5th generation) using Tapatalk - now Free

hmandell48

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I thought Podcasts was a separate app in iOS6?

Not sure. I was on 6.1, so it may have changed sometime during the later iterations. All I know is that before upgrading to iOS 7 on my iPad mini, I listened to podcasts through the music app, and now I'm using Apple's podcast app. And boy what an ugly icon.

djg21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I miss BiteSMS, Zephyr and some Auxo features, like the ability to close multiple apps at once. I also miss the ability to lose OEM apps using SBSettings. I also miss some of the stuff on IntelliscreenX, though the ios7 notification screen is pretty good .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M.Rizk

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I miss nothing. Also will the JB be safe if you have 5S with Finger ID enabled?

Sent from my iPad Mini using iMore Forums mobile app

jaywill27

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
I really don't miss my jaibreak at all! Bite SMS so when I got iMessage on lock screen swipe and that's my quick reply!

There are a couple of thing they were nice but now is just a good iOS that Apple made before the next jailbreak is out we see

talkin73

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for all the replies. I was a bit surprised by all the positive response from those who relinquished their JB. Perhaps all the additions that Apple added, which mirror some of the more popular JB tweaks, are finally getting iOS to a place where jailbreaking isn't as necessary. I'm still gonna hold out awhile because I have a very stable JB with iP5 and iOS 6.1.2 right now and just not feeling the itch to upgrade at present. I think BiteSMS will be a huge loss if I gave up the JB, which seems to be the most common one mentioned by others as well :-( Much appreciate all the feedback.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Updated yesterday and am loving iOS 7. I do miss BiteSMS but most of all I miss SwipeSelection. Still, no regrets!

098v

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
I will not ditch my Jailbreak for iOS 7, mainly cause I don't like it but watcha gonna do about it :shrug: , don't get me wrong those features are really cool and all but the icons feel too childish to me as we'll as the interface, it reminds me too much about android and it makes me feel like they ripped it off, but that's just my opinion, it wasn't meant to influence anyone.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I will not ditch my Jailbreak for iOS 7, mainly cause I don't like it but watcha gonna do about it :shrug: , don't get me wrong those features are really cool and all but the icons feel too childish to me as we'll as the interface, it reminds me too much about android and it makes me feel like they ripped it off, but that's just my opinion, it wasn't meant to influence anyone.

I actually felt much like this until I actually used iOS 7 on my wife's phone and my iPad Mini--it looks and feels very different when it's in your hand, for what that's worth. But to each their own!

LazyStarGazer

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
I don't miss anything.

Bite SMS?
Never understood why people make a fuss over it, maybe because I don't do a lot of messaging.

I had a really good iOS 7 theme which I obviously don't need any more.

Quick Toggles?
Notification Center has everything I access most frequently except for location services.
(Used everyday for my traffic app). For that, I was using...

Activator.
Now I get Siri to open it while I'm driving. It's not as fast as a 3 finger pinch, but I can live with it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73