Can't restore iPad 2 - Error 3194

zxcymn

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
I really hope someone can help me here. I want to sell my iPad 2, so I'm trying to restore it first. Whenever iTunes is finished extracting the software it gives an error 3194, meaning it can't connect to Apple's servers.

Every Google solution says this is because your hosts file is redirecting Apple's servers to Cydia's. Mine aren't, so I can't figure out what is causing this. I did use TinyUmbrella to make sure it wasn't redirecting anymore, and checked the hosts file myself. No mention of gs.apple or anything in there. I rebooted after doing that to make sure. What else could cause this?

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
I really hope someone can help me here. I want to sell my iPad 2, so I'm trying to restore it first. Whenever iTunes is finished extracting the software it gives an error 3194, meaning it can't connect to Apple's servers.

Every Google solution says this is because your hosts file is redirecting Apple's servers to Cydia's. Mine aren't, so I can't figure out what is causing this. I did use TinyUmbrella to make sure it wasn't redirecting anymore, and checked the hosts file myself. No mention of gs.apple or anything in there. I rebooted after doing that to make sure. What else could cause this?

Have you tried deleting tiny umbrella then restoring as new?