Multiple apps simultaneously viewable?

Cretster

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
I had an idea about a jailbreak app that would be a hugely useful thing to have (especially with ios7 when it is able to be JB'd), so I thought I'd ask whether it's something doable or not.

My home entertainment, heating, and other electrical stuff mostly all have apps now, which is great.
But it's a pain in the hoop for instance if I want to change settings on more than one item together using these apps - eg switch the TV on and to the right input with the LG app, switch my Amp on and to the correct input with the Sony app, turn on my Xbox 360

Now Ios7 does multitasking, so what I would really really love to see somehow, would be that you could have groups of apps open simultaneously and on screen simultaneously (in panes), so that you could basically have an all in one remote control for any home electronics that can be app controlled, instead of having to constantly switch back & forth from one device's app to the next.

I think this would only be viable for the ipad and not the phone due to screen size, and I'm probably grossly over simplifying things, but if you have these apps already running together, then surely it's just a matter of how they are displayed?

Could a jailbreak app for this sort of thing be feasible? I'd certainly pay to have it, as it'd be a perfect alternative (and much better than) a lot of really expensive universal remote controls that you can buy.

I'm sure it'd be useful for plenty of other scenarios as well.

098v

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
I have heard of projects like these once but many of them have been abandoned because every time there was an update for an application they would also have to update the app that allows multitasking which was almost frequently with all these apps now, before when jail breaking was fairly new it was easy to keep track of the updates and whatnot, there is probably a work around for this issue but I have yet to find any but maybe someone out there in the world of jail breaking they're working on this. If I find something similar to this I'll let you know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cretster

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the reply!

Really appreciate if something like this ever appears - it would be sooooo useful.
Or if there was some app that can have a protocol in it to work like a universal remote where it connects to the devices in question (say from a list of equipment brands) then can set up command buttons to different devices within the one single app screen.

Probably too complicated for someone to figure out how different apps speak to their devices and combine them into one, but I would certainly pay to have this if it existed.

Thanks anyway :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234