Trouble Jailbreaking/unlocking Iphone 4

blueyedsamurai

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
I tried jailbreaking an iphone 4 and received the error boot into normal mode and try again.

If i turned it off it would just stay on the apple logo. Only way I could get it to boot properly is by putting the phone in DFU mode and then selecting "just boot" in redsnow.

Although after doing this you can't restart the phone or it will just be stuck on the apple logo again.

What can I do to fix this error?

thanks

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I tried jailbreaking an iphone 4 and received the error boot into normal mode and try again.

If i turned it off it would just stay on the apple logo. Only way I could get it to boot properly is by putting the phone in DFU mode and then selecting "just boot" in redsnow.

Although after doing this you can't restart the phone or it will just be stuck on the apple logo again.

What can I do to fix this error?

thanks

It's not an error?that is how a tethered jailbreak works. (You're probably on iOS 6.1.3, I'm guessing?) Any time you completely power down or reboot the phone you'll need to boot via redsn0w.

This is why people love untethered jailbreaks so much, but sometimes?like the iPhone 4 on 6.1.3?a tethered jailbreak is the only jailbreak available.

Nyan_Cat100

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
You can semi tether your jailbreak (be able to use your phone after a boot with limited functionality)
To do this add this source to Cydia:
http://thebigboss.org/semitether
Open that source and there will be a package called "SemiTether"
Install that and you won't have to worry about being near a computer to reboot your iphone.
But you can't use certain things on your phone if you reboot without Redsn0w
The things that can't be used I have found are:
Safari
Mail
Cydia
Any Cydia tweaks or apps

To get the functionality of those apps just reboot with Redsn0w and they will work fine

So enjoy

Sent from my Jailbroken iPhone 3GS with iMore Forums App!!