Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Nanite

1 Posts

Default Font not rendering for certain languages (iPhone)?

I downloaded a font which includes both English and Korean (Hangul) characters. Problem is, only the English characters are showing up in the installed font on my iPhone. The Korean characters are showing up in the normal Apple default font.. How do I make the Korean characters show up in the installed font?

Here are the screen shots...

In case anybody needs it, I downloaded the font from here: 등가교환 :: 아이폰용 나눔손글씨 붓 (For some reason the url is showing up weird)
    It just gives the download links to the regular and bold fonts and says that IOS 3 users should download the individual files and IOS 4 users should download the compressed zip file.... I am on IOS 5.1.1 by the way.... As you can see in the screen shots provided on the webpage, the Korean characters are using the installed font...

Default Re: Font not rendering for certain languages (iPhone)?

Try contacting the developer and ask his for a solution. As for providing us with a link that isn't discernible, I doubt too many of us will waste our times clicking on it.