Downgrading iPad 2 wifi plus 3G version from 6.1.3 to 6.1.0

soodmanhar

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi
I need a urgent help. I want to downgrade my iPad 2 wifi plus 3G version room 6.1.3 to 6.0.0 as I want to jailbreak it. I followed some steps but with no luck

Following steps were followed by me

1 I downloaded 6.0.0 firmware from osx daily deal. Then I have put my iPad 2 in dfu mode and tried to restore that. But I am getting error number 3614. I googled a lot and solved the error by installing tiny umbrella and running TSS server and then trying to restore to firmware I installed.

2. But after that now I am getting error 1601. I even followed the method of replacing host file but with no luck

Any help on this will be appreciated

Many thanks

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
U need the shsh blobs and you can not get those unless you were once jb on 6.0 before .. .. So basically you can not do what your trying to do

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
U need the shsh blobs and you can not get those unless you were once jb on 6.0 before .. .. So basically you can not do what your trying to do

The iPad2 uses the a5 chip. SHSH blobs currently only work with ios6 on a4 devices. SHSH blobs offer him zero use.

You do not need to be jailbroken to acquire blobs. You can get and save your blobs without jailbreaking.

soodmanhar

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
The iPad2 uses the a5 chip. SHSH blobs currently only work with ios6 on a4 devices. SHSH blobs offer him zero use.

You do not need to be jailbroken to acquire blobs. You can get and save your blobs without jailbreaking.

So this means I cannot do anything and will have to wait unless untethered jilbreak is out for 6.1.3

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
So this means I cannot do anything and will have to wait unless untethered jilbreak is out for 6.1.3

As ArmedPotato already mentioned, there isn't a downgrade available for the iPad2 on 6.x.

There won't likely be a jailbreak at any point for 6.1.3. What you'll want to look for is the iOS7 jailbreak. Sept. 10th is the expected announcement of the next iPhone. Apple generally announces the new iOS7 version the same date. That's when you can start looking for a new jailbreak. Hopefully it won't take too long, but be prepared for ~6+ months wait after that.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site

Good to know thanks

soodmanhar

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
As ArmedPotato already mentioned, there isn't a downgrade available for the iPad2 on 6.x.

There won't likely be a jailbreak at any point for 6.1.3. What you'll want to look for is the iOS7 jailbreak. Sept. 10th is the expected announcement of the next iPhone. Apple generally announces the new iOS7 version the same date. That's when you can start looking for a new jailbreak. Hopefully it won't take too long, but be prepared for ~6+ months wait after that.

Thanks for the response
will update iOS 7 once it is available for general public and will wait for jailbreak of it

Thanks

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
From what I understand, iOS7 includes a bit of functionality from the jailbreak community, as past iOS updates have. This should help feel a little bit more like a jailbreak until an actual jailbreak is available.

Sorry we can't bring the magic answer you'd like.

soodmanhar

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
From what I understand, iOS7 includes a bit of functionality from the jailbreak community, as past iOS updates have. This should help feel a little bit more like a jailbreak until an actual jailbreak is available.

Sorry we can't bring the magic answer you'd like.

No problem. iOS 7 has so new look that I am sure I can live with it for some months till the time jailbreak is out

Thanks

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro