Upgrade iOS to 6.1.2 -- not 6.1.3
Can I upgrade an iPhone 4 GSM from iOS 4.3.5 to 6.1.2? iTunes is trying to get me to upgrade to iOS 6.1.3 but I don't want to do that as I will lose the option to jailbreak should I decide to later. How do I just go to 6.1.2 only?
This phone has never been jailbroken and I have no SHSH blobs saved at all.
On my Mac, I did an option-click on the Restore iPhone button and it lets you browse to a firmware file. (I downloaded 6.1.2 from here: http://www.ipswdownloader.com/downlo...ipsw-files.php) However, this fails with the following error:
"The device isn't eligible for the requested build."
Am I hosed?
- 08-13-2013, 08:45 AM #2
- 08-13-2013, 09:09 AM #3
- 08-13-2013, 03:28 PM #5
Re: Upgrade iOS to 6.1.2 -- not 6.1.3
Well, how far into the future are you imagining you might want to jailbreak? In theory, that door will always be open just as long as you're patient enough to wait for it.
There won't be a jailbreak for 6.1.3/6.1.4, but there will more than likely be one for iOS 7... so if you're not planning to jailbreak in the immediate future, but want to upgrade your iOS, I'd say to go for it and just wait for the iOS 7 jailbreak to go out if you're even feeling the itch to jailbreak.
- 08-13-2013, 07:17 PM #6
- By hockey1299 in forum iPhone 5Replies: 20Last Post: 08-16-2013, 11:18 AM
- By Jaguarr40 in forum iOS DevelopmentReplies: 1Last Post: 08-13-2013, 09:52 AM
- By Teana Christensen in forum iOS 6Replies: 3Last Post: 08-13-2013, 09:23 AM
- By jonstone in forum iPhone Apps & GamesReplies: 1Last Post: 08-13-2013, 07:41 AM
- By Jaguarr40 in forum iPhone Apps & GamesReplies: 1Last Post: 08-12-2013, 09:56 PM