- iMore Nanite
- 1 Posts
How Can I Recover My Restrictions Passcode on iPhone 4?
Hi, guys. A month ago, i forgot the passcode to restrictions on my iphone 4 (not s). It's running 5.1.1 and is jailbroken. Do you know about any package i can install from cydia that can unlock restrictions or help me remember my pass? If you know, please post a reply. I really need to have itunes back..
- 08-04-2013, 03:31 PM #2
re: How Can I Recover My Restrictions Passcode on iPhone 4?
To Manually Reset the Passcode:
1) Install any desktop software for browsing the iphone filesystem (iPhoneBrowser/iFunBox/SSH/DiskAid trial version).
2) Navigate to the directory /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/ and delete "com.apple.springboard.plist"
3) Then you can navigate to the directory /var/Keychains/ and delete "keychain-2.db"
4) After deleting the last file, reboot the iphone.
To give you an idea on how this worked, the com.apple.springboard.plist file contains the setting of your passcode turned-on. Deleting this resets the toggles back to default (after the final reboot) and takes care of that part of the problem. But since a passcode was already defined, the "keychain-2.db" file contains that information and deleting it clears everything up after the final reboot. Note that all other stored passwords you have on your iphone are also cleared along with it though.
This method will not work for non-jailbroken units because system files are not accessible without a jailbreak.
Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !
- By JoshLassette in forum iOS 7Replies: 8Last Post: 02-26-2015, 11:11 PM
- By hockey1299 in forum TelusReplies: 4Last Post: 08-28-2013, 10:05 PM
- By Jaguarr40 in forum iOS and OS X DevelopmentReplies: 1Last Post: 08-05-2013, 09:32 PM
- By hmoulin in forum iPhone 5Replies: 1Last Post: 08-05-2013, 08:06 PM
- By josanne28 in forum Original iPad miniReplies: 1Last Post: 08-05-2013, 12:29 PM