- iMore Nanite
- 1 Posts
iphone 4 - update or restore from 5.0.1 to 6.1.2
1. Well I tried it in Itunes - shift + restore - pointed to downloaded iPhone3,1_6.1.2_10B146_Restore.ipsw. But I received this error: The Iphone could not be restored. An unknown error occured (3194)
2. Then I tried Tiny umbrella. I saved SHSH. Any way it keeps telling me TinyUmbrella's TSS server is NOT running.
3. Then I tried Red Snow 0.9.15b3\Extras\Even more\Restore. I entered DFU, it started to work. But then it wanted me to enter some kind of pwned DFU mode. I did it. And it finished with error saying I dont have 6.1.2 SHSH for my device - how could I have when this device has never had 6.1.2 firmware
Guys Im stuck on this pretty much. I'm sorry, I know it has been asked many times. Trust me I have searched many pages and still no luck.
- 07-28-2013, 07:41 AM #2
Re: iphone 4 - update or restore from 5.0.1 to 6.1.2
TinyUmbrella is only for saving SHSH. You don't want to even try running the TSS server.
You can save SHSH for a firmware despite not being on it. It sounds like you do not have 6.1.2 SHSH. Without them, you cannot restore to 6.1.2. You can restore to 6.1.3 and run the tethered jailbreak.
Also, please do not make duplicate threads on the same subject.
- By Rene Ritchie in forum The 'Off Topic' LoungeReplies: 10Last Post: 01-20-2015, 04:50 PM
- By avalon69 in forum iPhone 5Replies: 5Last Post: 08-03-2013, 01:11 PM
- By aera in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 18Last Post: 07-31-2013, 02:21 PM
- By IneedHelppp in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & ModsReplies: 10Last Post: 07-27-2013, 12:38 PM