Help please, phone is stuck in recovery :(

itsaykj

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I have an iPhone 5 GSM+CDMA and it was running on 6.0.1
I had it jailbroken. But I tried to update it to iOS 7 beta 3 by SHIFT+CHECK FOR UPDATES method and I failed. Something went wrong in the process and now I'm in recovery screen.
I tried using TinyUmbrella ( which worked for me a few times when i had the same problem )
but now when i exit recovery, it just boots back into recovery. I really need help as I need my phone tomorrow. Anyone any idea? :(
But if i really must i will restore it to 6.1.4 ( I'm downloading it already but it's taking ages )

seashell93

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Eek!!!! Wish I could help...terrible feeling...I'm jailbroke too but wouldn't want to tell you wrong steps. Lots of helpers here, Massie and a few others usually can point you in the right direction!!

Sent from my sweet sassy iPhone

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Did you try putting your iPhone into DFU mode? If not, the following link might help you out: Tip: How to put your iPhone or iPad into DFU mode | iMore.com

DFU mode is something they'd use to try to restore. A restore would bring 6.1.4, which they stated they're trying to avoid.

itsay, when you say something went wrong in the process, was it early in the process or did some time pass? I'm guessing it wasn't early. If that's the case, you loaded ios7 and got to the point where it checked your phone's id, saw you weren't on a developer account, and refused it. If that's the case, it looks like you'll be taking some advice from Irish Rose anyway and restoring.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
DFU mode is something they'd use to try to restore. A restore would bring 6.1.4, which they stated they're trying to avoid.

itsay, when you say something went wrong in the process, was it early in the process or did some time pass? I'm guessing it wasn't early. If that's the case, you loaded ios7 and got to the point where it checked your phone's id, saw you weren't on a developer account, and refused it. If that's the case, it looks like you'll be taking some advice from Irish Rose anyway and restoring.

Yes I realize this. The last part of the OP post stated that it was loading 6.1.4 slowly, at least that is how I read it, and the reason why I recommended DFU. Thanks for clarifying, though. :)

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711