Totally remove Slide to Unlock advice

davidliu

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone,
I have Activator gesture set to double-tap clock on my Lockscreen to unlock my phone. Now i dont see the need for the Slide to Unlock feature, figured i could use that space for Lockinfo since i have that as well.

Lockinfo does have an option to hide the slider however its not doing a great job as part of it is still showing (the top part).

I would like my lockscreen to have as much space as possible for Lockinfos' notifications.

My search on this yields no real result to what i am looking for. I would prefer avoiding installing more Winterboard themes and remove the slider with as lightweight resource as possible.

Thank you!

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I see a tweak in Cydia called Slider Width. It says you can remove the text and change the width to anything, including zero I would assume. Perhaps you could use this to do what you want without Winterboard.

davidliu

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I see a tweak in Cydia called Slider Width. It says you can remove the text and change the width to anything, including zero I would assume. Perhaps you could use this to do what you want without Winterboard.

Laelipoo, thanks for your input. I had that before but it isn't what i am looking for. What SliderWidth does is exactly that: adjusting the width of the slider.
I also tried SliderKiller and all the others in Cydia with keyword slider in front, but nothing i am looking for - to disable the slider.

Thanks again!

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
No problem. Figured if you could set it to zero and remove the text, that would be enough. Hopefully you find something.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
You might look at the options in Springtomize 2, if you happen to have that. I know there are options to hide the lock screen slider knob, the text, and the camera button included.

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Why not make a quick slider theme with transparent png files? You want the visual space, you'll get it that way?

davidliu

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
You might look at the options in Springtomize 2, if you happen to have that. I know there are options to hide the lock screen slider knob, the text, and the camera button included.
Thanks for your suggestion, however i am not willing to make a purchase unless its 100% working. Also, i am not sure if i will find the other capabilities in Springtomize attractive. And they do not have a trial period like Lockinfo does - which i eventually tried, like & finally installed:)
Why not make a quick slider theme with transparent png files? You want the visual space, you'll get it that way?
Thanks for this suggestion too but its too much work cos i don't know a single thing about theming:)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods