Help to Update iPad 2 iOS 4.3.5 to 6.1.2 for Jailbreaking Purposes
Hey. This my first iForum post, although I've been on crackberry for a while. So, i recently got an iPad 2 on iOS 4.3.5. I really want to update to iOS 6, but not 6.1.3, cos I'll really like to jailbreak. I'll prefer 6.1.2. So is there anyway to do this? I tried changing the hosts file as Jay Saurik's blog suggested, but no luck. I already have the 6.1.2 firmware from iClarified. Oh, and it's a GSM model, if theat matters.
Please, I rREAAALLYY need this!
- 06-26-2013, 09:03 AM #2
- 06-26-2013, 09:15 AM #3
Re: Help to Update iPad 2 iOS 4.3.5 to 6.1.2 for Jailbreaking Purposes
The problem you are facing is the fact that Apple is no longer "signing" (authorizing) that version of iOS. Typically, when they release a new version, they stop signing the older versions - which makes using those versions non-functional. You donít ever have to upgrade the iOS version on your iDevices, but if you do, you have to go to the latest version.
The only way around this is when you have previously used that version on your device and have saved the SHSH "blobs", or signature file. Without those blobs, which are unique to each device, you must go to the latest version of iOS if you upgrade.
- 06-26-2013, 07:49 PM #4
- 06-27-2013, 11:04 AM #6
- 09-06-2013, 06:37 PM #7
- By TheInternetNomad in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & ModsReplies: 9Last Post: 06-12-2015, 10:30 PM
- By Hassan_Morshed in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & ModsReplies: 16Last Post: 07-12-2013, 12:49 PM
- By drschuk1 in forum iPad 2Replies: 3Last Post: 02-25-2013, 05:25 PM
- By kiplingex in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & ModsReplies: 6Last Post: 04-29-2012, 10:59 AM
- By roscoboy272 in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & ModsReplies: 3Last Post: 05-09-2011, 05:56 AM