Apple TV Jailbreak info

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: Apple TV Jailbreak

3rd Generation AppleTVs can not be jailbroken... have to go with a 2nd, or first generation...

rosenstar

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site

The 3rd gen AppleTV puts out 1080p video...but it’s NOT jailbreak-able...
The 2nd gen Apple TV puts out 720pp video... but it IS jailbreak-able...
The 1st gen AppleTV (white) is crap...

Are these the only differences? What am I getting with the Jailbreak? I'm quite familiar with JBing and iPad or iPhone, not an apple TV though...

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site

I've done this before, I was looking for a more personal account rather than a review. You probably could've spent a few more minutes and told me why YOU like your apple TV and what YOU use it for, rather than show me how to use google.

You want me to personally explain why 1080 is better than 720?

It's not like the specs are worlds apart nor complicated to understand. You're not going to get anything out of "personal accounts" that you don't already know yourself. I can't tell you if you care about that difference.

I can't tell you if you care to get a few "channels" or pay for extra functionality after a jailbreak. You've already said you're "quite familiar" with jailbreaking. Would you like me to hold your hand through what you already know?

I use my Apple TV as an expensive, but wireless, "cable" between my other Apple products and TV. Oh man, that was such a surprise. =/

rosenstar

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site

By Channel, do you mean a live TV feed (such as I can turn on ESPN or ESPN 2, and see whatever is playing on cable) or an interface where I can stream previously aired television (such as Hulu)?

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

By Channel, do you mean a live TV feed (such as I can turn on ESPN or ESPN 2, and see whatever is playing on cable) or an interface where I can stream previously aired television (such as Hulu)?

With the jailbreak there are many channels/repositories that you get. I would suggest going to eBay and searching jailbroken Apple TV to see all the possible channels. There are way too many to list.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2