part of touchscreen unresponsive (very strange)

Patrick Wragg

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
My phone is tethered jailbroken (using redsn0w).. it has been working fine for about 3 weeks no problems whatsoever.

I had to tether boot it today as it restarted on its own and very strangely the problem is:

The touch screen is unresponsive on the home page (where all the apps are), HOWEVER, it is RESPONSIVE when unlocking the phone, turning it off (slide) and when i double press the home button to get the (recently used apps bar at the bottom) the 4 apps ARE RESPONSIVE..

My guesses are that this is a software problem definately not a hardware problem..

any ideas please??

Thanks

Patrick Wragg

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
no i cant go on any apps.. when i just boot the phone normally (not tethered) EVERYTHING works perfectly.. obviously just not cydia or any of its applications.. it is only when using it tethered.. i have tried reinstalling the jailbreak too but that didnt work.

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Then yes, you have an app issue. You're basically in safe mode now. If you can get into Cydia somehow to uninstall your latest updates (or to nuke them all, mobile substrate) that would fix it. You cannot re-run the jailbreak.

You can also get into safe mode by holding the volume up button while the device reboots, but I have never tried it during a "just boot". Worth a try though.

Patrick Wragg

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
Then yes, you have an app issue. You're basically in safe mode now. If you can get into Cydia somehow to uninstall your latest updates (or to nuke them all, mobile substrate) that would fix it. You cannot re-run the jailbreak.

You can also get into safe mode by holding the volume up button while the device reboots, but I have never tried it during a "just boot". Worth a try though.

Thanks very much for your thought into this, I am currently downloading the phones official iOS from iTunes in order to FULLY RESTORE the phone so i can jailbreak it from scratch again (because it worked before). With the addition of what you said, I can estimate that the problem IS an app i recently downloaded clashing with Cydia).

My net is slow so i won't come back to this for another 2 hours. until then, thanks.

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
No problem :) Hopefully you'll remember what app it was and can avoid this in the future.

A small suggestion--I have activator, like most people, and I set up a gesture that puts my phone into safe mode from anywhere, as long as it's on (mine is volume up). This way if I have an issue like this, I can get into safe mode to uninstall whatever is causing the problem. You may want to do that, in order to prevent something like this in the future.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh