Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Genius

5,041 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,046 Global Posts

Default NCSettings Update Incorporates Flipswitch Standard

Popular jailbreak tweak NCSettings got a rare update today, months after the developer announced that he would no longer be actively working on it.

Luckily for users, the update brings the integration of Flipswitch, a new package from Ryan Petrich (Activator, etc) that aims to become a new standard for tweaks that use iOS settings toggles. Think NCSettings, SBSettings, Auxo, and so on.

Essentially, the new standard will mean that any third party developer will be free to make and release their own toggles for any tweak that uses Flipswitch—meaning users won’t be reliant on a single developer to update a package, and developers won’t be stuck trying to please every last customer toggle request. Additionally, Flipswitch also supports custom Activator actions, letting you extend the usefulness of settings toggles.

More details and a video about Flipswitch are at iDownloadblog. To find the update to NCSettings, be sure to add the developer’s repo to your Cydia sources:

One note: on first installing the update, users will need to reset their NCSettings toggle layout.
    Last edited by Massie; 06-21-2013 at 10:55 PM.
    iMore Elite

2,654 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,865 Global Posts

Default Re: NCSettings Update Incorporates Flipswitch Standard

Great update! Do you know if there's a GV Send toggle for NCSettings now?
    iPhone Nanite

1 Posts

It won't update for me, gives me a "required dependencies or conflicts..." error, can someone help me?

EDIT: Nevermind.
    Last edited by qwasqwas11; 06-24-2013 at 02:49 AM.
    iMore Intermediate

172 Posts
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts

I'm getting errors with the tweak from cydia. It let me install but I get a bad error code now for some reason.

I reset the toggles to the way I wanted and it reverts back to the standard setting.

Tried a reinstall/remove and that didnt work either. Any other options, should I just remove the source all together?