Lots of questions in lots of flavors involving restores of iPhones.
I will add 1 more.
I have an iPhone 5 running 6.1.2 jailbroken on evasi0n. I was able to get a device unlock from AT&T. This method, however, requires me to restore on itunes and set up as a new device. On restoring, it will bump me to the current 6.1.4.
I have heard of downgrading. But is there a way to restore and set up as a new device while staying on 6.1.2? Where can I get detailed instructions (tutorial) on how to do this and any problems that might arise as a result.
- 06-14-2013, 02:39 PM #2
- 06-14-2013, 04:49 PM #4
- 06-14-2013, 04:51 PM #5
Here is what you should do.
Open Cydia. Download SAM (http://www.bingner.com/SAM.html) and run it. It will deactivate your device. Next, if you have one, put in a non-AT&T sim card. Wait for the "plug into iTunes message". Plug it into iTunes.
If you don't have a non-AT&T sim, after deactivating you can still plug it into iTunes and it will work.
Make sure your unlock is attached to your account before you do this.
Originally Posted by Instructions for SAM
- 06-14-2013, 04:52 PM #6
- 06-14-2013, 04:53 PM #7
- 06-14-2013, 04:55 PM #8
- 06-14-2013, 08:28 PM #10
The advice you give is generally irrelevant, or in this case, incorrect with devastating consequences for someone wanting to remain jailbroken.
It really is better to say you don't know rather than to guess.
- 06-14-2013, 08:30 PM #11
- By JMaxima in forum iPhone 4Replies: 1Last Post: 10-18-2008, 10:20 PM
- By amit85 in forum iPhone 4Replies: 3Last Post: 10-08-2008, 11:48 AM
- By JNHohol in forum iPhone 4Replies: 3Last Post: 09-11-2008, 03:03 AM
- By guinness0514 in forum iPhone 4Replies: 3Last Post: 07-31-2008, 01:54 PM
- By mtsfestivus in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & ModsReplies: 4Last Post: 07-23-2008, 02:04 AM