- iPhone Nanite
- 1 Posts
jailbreaking a 32gb ipod touch 3rd gen
just bought a 32gb ipod touch 3rd gen today since my 160g ipod video got washed. the version on it is 2.2.1
should i just get a 2.2.1 jailbreak, or should i upgrade my ipod to 4.2 then jailbreak it, or do i have to get a jailbroken version of 4.2 first? or is there a version i should get in between thats the best?
bascially should i just jailbreak it at 2.2.1, if not what version should i upgrade to first?
thanks in advance
- 06-12-2013, 08:31 AM #2
Re: someone please give me some advice, im total noob
It looks like the latest software your iPod Touch supports is 5.1.1, which has an untethered jailbreak. I would restore to 5.1.1 through iTunes, then download and run absinthe to jailbreak it, then sync your data over. This way you will be able to use apps and have the most up to date features. 2.x is reaaaaly old.
- By Raptor007 in forum Marketplace ArchiveReplies: 1Last Post: 10-11-2011, 11:58 AM
- By hilol in forum iPod & iPod TouchReplies: 0Last Post: 04-19-2011, 10:01 PM
- By ajonesma in forum iPod & iPod TouchReplies: 1Last Post: 03-14-2011, 04:30 PM
- By Cjkballer in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & ModsReplies: 13Last Post: 02-09-2010, 02:14 AM
- By realizment#IM in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & ModsReplies: 0Last Post: 12-05-2009, 06:36 PM