4S stuck in safe mode loop,,,,,,,, shortened passcode,,,,,,, worked,,,,,,,,,,,,

mike in nc

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
I have a 4S, not sure what happened, but phone rebooted, could not get it our of "safe mode". Have not installed tweek lately so did not think it was that. I have simple passcode turned off, and have a passcode of 4 digits. When I would try to get out of safe mode, started putting in passcode, phone would lock up on 3rd digit....... so, I shortened passcode to 2 digits. Now works, came out of safe mode. Anyway, not sure what was happening, it was like something was timing out. Just thought I would share

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
So did you actually fix it? What happens if you turn off passcode altogether reboot the phone and then try a 4 digit passcode again?

mike in nc

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
So did you actually fix it? What happens if you turn off passcode altogether reboot the phone and then try a 4 digit passcode again?

I did not try that. It pretty much happened out of the blue, the first thing I did was remove a couple tweeks, but that did no good. That is when I noticed it seemed to time out while typing the code in, so made the code 2 digits, and it worked. I have not tried with 4 digits again, might leave it this way for a while. Mainly trying to get it working without having to reset phone. If it happens again I will try what you suggested

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234