New Canadians Wireless Laws: cancel contracts after 2 years, Unlocked cell phone,...

DStLouis

May 22, 2013
Visit site
June 3
For Canadians the CRTC just released a new code, to help Canadians to cancel their Wireless contracts after two years.
The code will apply to new contracts for cellphones and other personal mobile devices starting on December 2, 2013.

You could read the details below :
Canadians can cancel their wireless contracts after two years with new CRTC wireless code | CRTC
But in short:
- terminate their wireless contracts after two years without cancellation fees, even if they have signed on for a longer term
- cap extra data charges at $50/month and international data roaming charges at $100/month to prevent bill shock
- have their cellphones unlocked after 90 days, or immediately if they paid for the device in full
- return their cellphones, within 15 days and specific usage limits, if they are unhappy with their service
- accept or decline changes to the key terms of a fixed-term contract (i.e., 2-year)
- receive a contract that is easy to read and understand.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, but "The code will apply to new contracts for cellphones and other personal mobile devices starting on December 2, 2013."

DC506

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Agreed, not much benefit for existing contracts, but still a huge plus for our contracts in the future. Too bad I'm 4 months into my new contract...lol

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711