Cant get carrier signal issue

davidliu

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone,
I am on a jailbroken iphone 4s ios 6.1.
I have been having this issue for a while now and wonder if anyone else is experiencing this: I cant get carrier reception after putting my phone to airplane mode.
I tried the following:
1. Switching on/off airplane a couple times.
2. Respring phone.
The only working solution is to reboot the phone but i find that it is too bothersome and probably unnecessary.
I suspect the following installed tweak/app (or combination of) may be the culprit:
1. BatteryDoctorPro v4.2.0-408
2. Lockinfo 5
I am particularly suspexting BatteryDoctorPro though i dont know why.
Or maybe hardware/software issue?
However i am certain that i should be getting reception cos my wife uses the same carrier, only that she isn't jailbroken. FYI, we are located in Indonesia so cant really expect overseas resident to help with carrier issues. Anyway, there isnt a problem with the carrier.
Any thoughts?
Thank you!
Dave

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
What are you trying to do with airplane mode that you're in it often enough to have an issue?

The easy way to check what you're worried about is to reboot into safe mode. Doing this will disable all tweaks. Enter airplane mode and see what happens when you leave it. If you get service, it's definitely a tweak issue. Then you're free to pinpoint it.

davidliu

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
What are you trying to do with airplane mode that you're in it often enough to have an issue?

The easy way to check what you're worried about is to reboot into safe mode. Doing this will disable all tweaks. Enter airplane mode and see what happens when you leave it. If you get service, it's definitely a tweak issue. Then you're free to pinpoint it.

Thanks for your advice natasftw. It didnt occur to me to enter Safe Mode!
I always Airplane Mode my phone at bedtime because it saves me lots of battery. Believe it or not, it only use up 1-2% max if i take advantage of Airplane Mode.
I try to make it a habit to only charge when i am at least 20% down, and disconnect at 100% (trying to take proper care to prolong battery life by reducing charge cycle - if that makes sense).
I appreciate your advice and will try your suggestion. But not before i finish playing my game :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods