iPhone 5 Carrier Update help

Sharma15

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I recently read an article about "hacked" carrier updates that would allow for stronger LTE signals. I was curious and tried it, but was not able to restart my phone unless in safemode. I there any way I would be able to have iTunes install my carrier update for me again? I am with Rogers on 6.1.2 looking for carrier update 13.1.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Pretty sure the carrier update was for T-Mobile and AT&T. I updated my AT&T iP5 and did not notice a significant change in speeds.

Arelunde

May 17, 2011
Visit site
You might have to do a full restore via iTunes. If you've backed up your iPhone to iTunes, you can restore to a previous backup. If not, you will restore to an out-of-the-box state with the current operating system. Then you would have iTunes reinstall your apps.

Sharma15

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I figured it out. There are updates for Canadian carriers like Rogers, fido and bell. I just had to edit the .plist files through ifile to 13.0 and boom, automatically got an alert to ask me to update to 13.1.

Last edited:

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
You might have to do a full restore via iTunes. If you've backed up your iPhone to iTunes, you can restore to a previous backup. If not, you will restore to an out-of-the-box state with the current operating system. Then you would have iTunes reinstall your apps.

I think you're overthinking what a backup is.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods