Need to upgrade Iphone 3GS IOs 4.0 to 6.0 OR later with jailbreak

freelance23d

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi
Can anyone help me,
I have an iphone 3GS which was jailbroken in india, with iOs4.0 (8A293), Need to upgrade to 6.0 with jailbreak OR higher..
Please if anyone explain the procedure in detail

thankyou

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Your first step would be to download redsn0w, choose extras, shsh blobs, and query Cydia.

You'll want to see if you have any blobs for 6.x versions of iOS.

You'll also need to know if the phone was unlocked using any of the old unlocks or if it was unlocked by the carrier. This will change how you'll want to handle upgrades.

freelance23d

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi Natasftw
Thanks for your reply.
I think it was an unlock phone, (a second hand phone used by someone in US)
I had given to a local guy in India, He installed cydia in my iphone 3gs to get started. so that i can use vodafone carrier to make calls.

Please let me know, how to go step by step,
OR you need more info...

thankyou

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
How to Update iPhone 4/3GS to iOS 6 While Preserving Baseband Using Redsn0w?Jaxov

You'll want something like this. The key for you is to not update your baseband as the unlock would be lost if it wasn't done by AT&T.

However, you'll need SHSH blobs for 6.x. To find those, follow the instructions to download redsn0w from the tutorial. Click Extras, SHSH Blobs, Query Cydia. If you do that, it'll provide you with a list of iOS versions you're able to work with. You'll want 6.0-6.1.2 Somewhere in there will allow you to jailbreak with an untethered solution.

After the tutorial, evasi0n iOS 6.x Jailbreak - official website of the evad3rs has a tool to jailbreak easily. Download it and follow on-screen instructions.

freelance23d

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi Natasftw
Sorry i was on vacation and also busy in work...

Well the iphone 3gs was used by someone in US and the Carrier was ATT.

Please let me know, if i upgrade the IOS from 4.0 to 6.0 and also install Cydia....will i be able to use my iphone 3gs, without any hassel...

and from where can i again upgrade frpm 6.0 to 6.1.3 ...please send me a link OR is it ok to upgrade till 6.0 only..?

what will be my type of jailbreak, (whether it is tethered or Untethered ), How can you explain...?

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
...and can USE crack app on my iphone 3gs...

[WARN]iMore has a zero tolerance for discussions involving piracy/cracked apps. You're on your own there... and further solicitation or discussion of piracy will result in being banned from the forum.[/WARN]

freelance23d

May 29, 2013
Visit site

freelance23d

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi natasftw
i hope you must be busy?
if you happen to see my post, where i have downloaded 3 link....

let me know, if they are OK, or i have to download the if there are any NEW or LATEST file to be downloaded...

so that i can move ahead to install frm the Tutorial...

where can i download Cydia for 6.0 OR later

thanks

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Hi natasftw
i hope you must be busy?
if you happen to see my post, where i have downloaded 3 link....

let me know, if they are OK, or i have to download the if there are any NEW or LATEST file to be downloaded...

so that i can move ahead to install frm the Tutorial...

where can i download Cydia for 6.0 OR later

thanks

She asked you if Cydia saved your shsh, because without them you cannot do this. She also wanted to know how the phone was unlocked in order to save you from future mistakes. Until you answer these questions, we cannot assist you further.

freelance23d

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi Laelipoo / Natasftw

The 3GS iphone was used by someone in US and it had an ATT carrier, after that it was brought to india, where i was not able to use my SIM CARD in the 3GS iphone, so i got CYDIA installed, by a local guy, who fixes all kind of mobile stuff..After that i was able to use iphone 3GS with my Sim CARD india.

Do you need any other detail, please let me know...

thnks

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Hi Laelipoo / Natasftw

The 3GS iphone was used by someone in US and it had an ATT carrier, after that it was brought to india, where i was not able to use my SIM CARD in the 3GS iphone, so i got CYDIA installed, by a local guy, who fixes all kind of mobile stuff..After that i was able to use iphone 3GS with my Sim CARD india.

Do you need any other detail, please let me know...

thnks

Yes. We do. We've asked twice now if Cydia saved your SHSH. Usually at the top it will say "SHSH: " in green with a bunch of numbers. Is it there? We need to know this because, again, without SHSH you cannot restore to anything other than 6.1.3​.

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Yes. We do. We've asked twice now if Cydia saved your SHSH. Usually at the top it will say "SHSH: " in green with a bunch of numbers. Is it there? We need to know this because, again, without SHSH you cannot restore to anything other than 6.1.3​.
It's not worth it.

If they can't answer that question, they certainly won't be able to follow the process to install iOS from redsn0w.

freelance23d

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi Laelipoo\Natasftw
Ya, there are some bunch of number written in Green in The TSS Center (SHSH & APTicket)
SHSH:IOS 3.1. 3.1.2, 3.1.3, 4.0, 4.0.1, 4.0.2, 4.1, 4.2.1r1, 4.3

I hope you are looking at these numbers. please let me know, if you need anything more....

thanks

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
You cannot restore to anything other than 6.1.3. To do this you would need sn0wbreeze to preserve your baseband. Depending on how old your 3GS is, this would either be an untethered or tethered jailbreak.

freelance23d

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi Laelipoo
Thnks for your reply, So what is your opinion...Should i upgrade OR not.... I dont want to lose my 3GS iphone.

I just need to upgrade the IOS from 4.0 to 6.0 or 6.1.3 (whatever verson is upgradeable for this 3GS...) and so that, i can use app other than paid apps...which can be installed, once cydia is installed...

So i need your support...

freelance

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Hi Laelipoo
Thnks for your reply, So what is your opinion...Should i upgrade OR not.... I dont want to lose my 3GS iphone.

I just need to upgrade the IOS from 4.0 to 6.0 or 6.1.3 (whatever verson is upgradeable for this 3GS...) and so that, i can use app other than paid apps...which can be installed, once cydia is installed...

So i need your support...

freelance

[WARN]We will not assist you in piracy. Period. [/WARN]

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice