Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 20 of 20
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ups925
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    jnew619's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    115 Posts

    Default Help with redsnow?!

    Trying to jb ipod touch 4g on 6.1.3 im using redsnow an once i get it started it says uploading first stage and stays there how long is it suposed to take?
  2. #2  
    natasftw's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,121 Posts
    iOS Version
    6.1

    Default Re: Help with redsnow?!

    Quote Originally Posted by jnew619 View Post
    Trying to jb ipod touch 4g on 6.1.3 im using redsnow an once i get it started it says uploading first stage and stays there how long is it suposed to take?
    Less time than it took you to create a new thread to ask this exact question again.
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    jnew619's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    115 Posts

    Default Re: Help with redsnow?!

    Quote Originally Posted by natasftw View Post
    Less time than it took you to create a new thread to ask this exact question again.
    Well i did ask the question and got no replies
  4. #4  
    rdiddy_25's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    3,439 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,249 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0.4/6.1

    Default Re: Help with redsnow?!

    Quote Originally Posted by jnew619 View Post
    Well i did ask the question and got no replies
    Creating a duplicate thread won't speed up the process. Have some patience.
  5. #5  
    Nyan_Cat100's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    96 Posts
    Global Posts
    279 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.1.3

    Default Re: Help with redsnow?!

    Quote Originally Posted by jnew619 View Post
    Trying to jb ipod touch 4g on 6.1.3 im using redsnow an once i get it started it says uploading first stage and stays there how long is it suposed to take?
    Watch this YouTube video it is the reason I am semi-teathered on my ios6.1.3 iPhone 3GS
    Link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=HXlzLP1hbKE#


    (Note: this only works on older 3GS models, iPhone 4 and 4th gen iPod touch
    Sent from my iPhone 3GS
  6. Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  
    jnew619's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    115 Posts

    Default Re: Help with redsnow?!

    Quote Originally Posted by Nyan_Cat100 View Post
    Watch this YouTube video it is the reason I am semi-teathered on my ios6.1.3 iPhone 3GS
    Link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=HXlzLP1hbKE#


    Sent from my iPhone 3GS
    Cool thamks a lot for the help!
  7. #7  
    Nyan_Cat100's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    96 Posts
    Global Posts
    279 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.1.3

    Default Re: Help with redsnow?!

    Quote Originally Posted by jnew619 View Post
    Cool thamks a lot for the help!
    No prob all u need is the latest redsn0w version and the 6.0.0 IPSW for your device


    Sent from my iPhone 3GS
  8. #8  
    Nyan_Cat100's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    96 Posts
    Global Posts
    279 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.1.3

    Default Re: Help with redsnow?!

    Quote Originally Posted by jnew619 View Post
    Cool thamks a lot for the help!
    Please note that this JB is semi tethered so u need to reboot with a computer to keep your jailbreak but if u reboot without u can still use your iDevice with limited functionallity


    Sent from my iPhone 3GS
  9. Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  
    jnew619's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    115 Posts

    Default Re: Help with redsnow?!

    Quote Originally Posted by Nyan_Cat100 View Post
    Please note that this JB is semi tethered so u need to reboot with a computer to keep your jailbreak but if u reboot without u can still use your iDevice with limited functionallity


    Sent from my iPhone 3GS
    Yeah im fine i wont lose any of the tweaks or apps when i re jailbreak right?
  10. #10  
    Nyan_Cat100's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    96 Posts
    Global Posts
    279 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.1.3

    Default Re: Help with redsnow?!

    Quote Originally Posted by jnew619 View Post
    Yeah im fine i wont lose any of the tweaks or apps when i re jailbreak right?
    U get all your tweaks back after rebooting with redsn0w if you had to reboot without earlier


    Sent from my iPhone 3GS
  11. Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  
    jnew619's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    115 Posts

    Default Re: Help with redsnow?!

    I kind of messed up and interupted the jb when it said installing applactions i re booted so i tried to re jb and seems like its stuck in a loop but i dont know...
  12. #12  
    natasftw's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,121 Posts
    iOS Version
    6.1

    Default Re: Help with redsnow?!

    Quote Originally Posted by jnew619 View Post
    I kind of messed up and interupted the jb when it said installing applactions i re booted so i tried to re jb and seems like its stuck in a loop but i dont know...
    You're not patient enough to wait for replies.

    You're not patient enough to let the tool work.

    You're likely not patient enough to deal with a jailbreak that isn't untethered. These tools are making software modifications to your OS. Rebooting in the middle can leave your phone in an unstable state.

    You are one of the few cases I strongly suggest you restore to factory settings and leave it there. There are times a jailbreak will require patience, especially when it's not untethered. You obviously lack this. For your sake, and the sake of those that will end up trying to fix what your impatience causes, please avoid jailbreaking.
  13. Thread AuthorThread Author   #13  
    jnew619's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    115 Posts

    Default Re: Help with redsnow?!

    Quote Originally Posted by natasftw View Post
    You're not patient enough to wait for replies.

    You're not patient enough to let the tool work.

    You're likely not patient enough to deal with a jailbreak that isn't untethered. These tools are making software modifications to your OS. Rebooting in the middle can leave your phone in an unstable state.

    You are one of the few cases I strongly suggest you restore to factory settings and leave it there. There are times a jailbreak will require patience, especially when it's not untethered. You obviously lack this. For your sake, and the sake of those that will end up trying to fix what your impatience causes, please avoid jailbreaking.
    See you seem to be one of those people to yell without thinking the reason why i re booted was because the first walkthrough i read did not explain and told me to move on then i looked at the video from icrackurdevice and it explained everything and showed it all step by step now i never used redsnow so its pretty obvious that im going to think something is wrong when i went from green poison to evasion to redsnow when all the other ones simply had a jailbreak button and the whole process took less then five minutes see your whole debate would make sense if i wasent new to iphone or jailbreaking but i am so it would be beneficial if you took your advice and obtained patience as well
  14. #14  
    natasftw's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,121 Posts
    iOS Version
    6.1

    Default Re: Help with redsnow?!

    Quote Originally Posted by jnew619 View Post
    See you seem to be one of those people to yell without thinking the reason why i re booted was because the first walkthrough i read did not explain and told me to move on then i looked at the video from icrackurdevice and it explained everything and showed it all step by step now i never used redsnow so its pretty obvious that im going to think something is wrong when i went from green poison to evasion to redsnow when all the other ones simply had a jailbreak button and the whole process took less then five minutes see your whole debate would make sense if i wasent new to iphone or jailbreaking but i am so it would be beneficial if you took your advice and obtained patience as well
    Oh I thought about it. Your rational is not a reason for you to have made your action.

    You weren't patient enough to read the details prior to making the plunge, just as you haven't been patient at any other step.

    I wasn't yelling. I was advising, and I feel more strongly about that advice now.

    It's not pretty obvious. Many people have used redsn0w. Each of them had to use it for a "first time" at some point. Very few said "oh screw this, it's taking longer than I think it should." Very few opted to reboot in the middle of software modification.

    My "whole debate" makes sense either way.

    You ignore the patience everyone here has shown you simply because you're too busy living in precise moments. You've had a great deal of questions answered. The jailbreak community general is very eager to share information.

    There comes a line, however, that is crossed. The pattern of impatience shown by you is this line. You are unwilling to take time for anything: replies, reading through details, the jailbreak process. From experience, I'm telling you the jailbreak WILL require patience. This is MORE true for tethered jailbreaks. Your lack of patience has already created a problem that requires outside help to fix it, as you lack the patience to research your poor decisions. If this continues, your phone being jailbroken is only going to create frustration for you and for those you seek advice from. I'd be willing to wager that this amount of frustration will be much greater than the frustration from not being able to install the tweaks your interested in experimenting with.

    I'd suggest you avoid making assertions as to which actions will be more beneficial. You've made it rather abundant by your decisions that you're not an adequate judge of consequences.
  15. Thread AuthorThread Author   #15  
    jnew619's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    115 Posts

    Default Re: Help with redsnow?!

    Quote Originally Posted by natasftw View Post
    Oh I thought about it. Your rational is not a reason for you to have made your action.

    You weren't patient enough to read the details prior to making the plunge, just as you haven't been patient at any other step.

    I wasn't yelling. I was advising, and I feel more strongly about that advice now.

    It's not pretty obvious. Many people have used redsn0w. Each of them had to use it for a "first time" at some point. Very few said "oh screw this, it's taking longer than I think it should." Very few opted to reboot in the middle of software modification.

    My "whole debate" makes sense either way.

    You ignore the patience everyone here has shown you simply because you're too busy living in precise moments. You've had a great deal of questions answered. The jailbreak community general is very eager to share information.

    There comes a line, however, that is crossed. The pattern of impatience shown by you is this line. You are unwilling to take time for anything: replies, reading through details, the jailbreak process. From experience, I'm telling you the jailbreak WILL require patience. This is MORE true for tethered jailbreaks. Your lack of patience has already created a problem that requires outside help to fix it, as you lack the patience to research your poor decisions. If this continues, your phone being jailbroken is only going to create frustration for you and for those you seek advice from. I'd be willing to wager that this amount of frustration will be much greater than the frustration from not being able to install the tweaks your interested in experimenting with.

    I'd suggest you avoid making assertions as to which actions will be more beneficial. You've made it rather abundant by your decisions that you're not an adequate judge of consequences.
    I get where your coming from what i was stating in my last post was that the first walkthrough did not really explain much so after i realized i had messed up i searched through imore and google got my ipod restored and re jailbroke and got it semi untetherd by watch the video which helped me a lot more usually i am not patient that i agree with but since i never used tetherd or redsnow i read through everything and had got it fixed my problem probally was looking at a walkthrough from a different site so when i searched through here i found the video which helped mainly why i had posted another thread with the same question was because it stayed at uploading first stage for a whole day i assumed there was no way it would do that so when i found the right walkthrough it worked...
  16. #16  
    Nyan_Cat100's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    96 Posts
    Global Posts
    279 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.1.3

    Default Re: Help with redsnow?!

    Quote Originally Posted by jnew619 View Post
    See you seem to be one of those people to yell without thinking the reason why i re booted was because the first walkthrough i read did not explain and told me to move on then i looked at the video from icrackurdevice and it explained everything and showed it all step by step now i never used redsnow so its pretty obvious that im going to think something is wrong when i went from green poison to evasion to redsnow when all the other ones simply had a jailbreak button and the whole process took less then five minutes see your whole debate would make sense if i wasent new to iphone or jailbreaking but i am so it would be beneficial if you took your advice and obtained patience as well
    You are forgetting that it is just a workaround and it is not as simple as pressing the jailbreak button! Have a little bit of patience man!!! It took me about a half hour to get that workaround jailbreak to complete and that video was all I needed to do it!


    Sent from my iPhone 3GS
  17. #17  
    ups925's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    164 Posts
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts

    Default Re: Help with redsnow?!

    I wa surprised when a friend of mine made it through the limerain process, since it was difficult to get working on the first try. It took them longer than normal to jailbreak, but in the end they got it. Not sure if they ended up keeping the jailbreak, but it was nice to see a non techy go through the steps to get it working. Jailbreakme was great since its all done from the phone and the time needed to jailbreak was dependent on your Internet coverage, not your patience. Evasion was a great jailbreak and hasn't given me any of the problems I've encountered with other jailbreak procedures. If I had to jailbreak with redsnow and be semi tethered I'm sure I could manage. Whether or not the normal people understand "why I put up with it" would be my frustration since I don't see it being a problem. If you see a very useful reason to jailbreak and understand the limitations if any, then figure out if its worth it to jailbreak. It seems the op found a reason to jailbreak and was coming here for advice. Not all cases are in duplicate form online, and not everyone feels the need to research for a few hours to get it working. I've had two friends break their iPod/ iPhone installing an aftermarket screen and housing assembly. I personally think I could get through it, but its one of those things I wouldn't immediately offer to do for a friend since these hardware mods have obvious and damaging side effects if done improperly. With jailbreaking, you can always restore to new. Since the op is already on the current non-untethered firmware, I would assume it would be safer and less frustrating to Wing it and see if it works. Worst case scenario is restoring and starting anew. It's not like they loose the 6.1.2 status since it wasn't had to begin with.
    jnew619 likes this.
  18. Thread AuthorThread Author   #18  
    jnew619's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    115 Posts

    Default Re: Help with redsnow?!

    Quote Originally Posted by Nyan_Cat100 View Post
    You are forgetting that it is just a workaround and it is not as simple as pressing the jailbreak button! Have a little bit of patience man!!! It took me about a half hour to get that workaround jailbreak to complete and that video was all I needed to do it!


    Sent from my iPhone 3GS
    As i said earlier it stayed at uploading first stage for a whole day thats why i wasent patient i knew something was wrong so i restored found that video and followed it and got it to work
  19. Thread AuthorThread Author   #19  
    jnew619's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    115 Posts

    Default Re: Help with redsnow?!

    Quote Originally Posted by ups925 View Post
    I wa surprised when a friend of mine made it through the limerain process, since it was difficult to get working on the first try. It took them longer than normal to jailbreak, but in the end they got it. Not sure if they ended up keeping the jailbreak, but it was nice to see a non techy go through the steps to get it working. Jailbreakme was great since its all done from the phone and the time needed to jailbreak was dependent on your Internet coverage, not your patience. Evasion was a great jailbreak and hasn't given me any of the problems I've encountered with other jailbreak procedures. If I had to jailbreak with redsnow and be semi tethered I'm sure I could manage. Whether or not the normal people understand "why I put up with it" would be my frustration since I don't see it being a problem. If you see a very useful reason to jailbreak and understand the limitations if any, then figure out if its worth it to jailbreak. It seems the op found a reason to jailbreak and was coming here for advice. Not all cases are in duplicate form online, and not everyone feels the need to research for a few hours to get it working. I've had two friends break their iPod/ iPhone installing an aftermarket screen and housing assembly. I personally think I could get through it, but its one of those things I wouldn't immediately offer to do for a friend since these hardware mods have obvious and damaging side effects if done improperly. With jailbreaking, you can always restore to new. Since the op is already on the current non-untethered firmware, I would assume it would be safer and less frustrating to Wing it and see if it works. Worst case scenario is restoring and starting anew. It's not like they loose the 6.1.2 status since it wasn't had to begin with.
    This was well put man
  20. #20  
    natasftw's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,121 Posts
    iOS Version
    6.1

    Default Re: Help with redsnow?!

    Quote Originally Posted by ups925 View Post
    It seems the op found a reason to jailbreak and was coming here for advice. Not all cases are in duplicate form online, and not everyone feels the need to research for a few hours to get it working.
    That's true. It's also true that jailbreaking isn't for everyone. If the OP wants it to be an enjoyable experience rather than a frustrating one, patience will serve them well. If you're not willing to do the work yourself, you're dictating that you'll live on the schedules of others. It's simply absurd to refuse to do the research AND expect an immediate response from others.

Similar Threads

  1. Not able to downgrade 6.1.3 with redsnow. Help!!
    By heavenyamraj in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & Mods
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-23-2013, 11:27 AM
  2. help with redsnow
    By Darkfx in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & Mods
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-21-2009, 10:18 AM
  3. help with photos taking on iphone 3g
    By jhyde in forum iPhone 3G Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-18-2008, 09:49 AM
  4. help with gps...
    By yoyo12345 in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & Mods
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-23-2008, 01:27 PM
  5. Help with BAD Mistake.....
    By pdconner in forum iPhone 4
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-12-2008, 12:24 AM

Posting Permissions