My iPod 4G is running 6.3.1, but I want to downgrade it to 6.2.1 or lower for a jailbreak. The porblem is that my power button's broken, so I can't enter DFU mode. I tried doing the thing throug redsn0w and restoring through iTunes, but it doesn't work. Help?
- 05-25-2013, 07:36 PM #2iMore Beginner
- 94 Posts
How did you get 6.3.1? Are you some sort of time traveller that has travelled to the future and updated your iPod to 6.3.1 and forgot to downgrade it when you returned? Or did you mean 6.1.3? In that case, you can't downgrade unless you're currently jailbroken and have ssh blobs
- 05-26-2013, 02:50 AM #3
- 05-26-2013, 08:49 AM #4
- 05-26-2013, 01:48 PM #5iMore Specialist
- 1,348 Posts
He would need the SHSH blobs from the firmware he wanted to be at.
SSH is a file transfer protocol used to tunnel into your phone. It has nothing to do with downgrading.
Currently being jailbroken has nothing to do with your ability to downgrade.
- 05-26-2013, 05:59 PM #6
This YouTube video helped me get a semi tethered JB on my 3GS ios 6.1.3
All you need is the latest version of redsn0w and the 6.0.0 IPSW for your device
Note it only works on older 3GS's and iPhone 4 and iPod touch 4th gen
Sent from my iPhone 3GS
- 05-27-2013, 02:49 AM #7iPhone Nanite
- 1 Posts
i have an iphone 4 i have tried to download the software on to my computer but i have an acer google chrome book dont know much about it and when i try to download the software it tells me i need to download an app on google web store for my computer to hold the software thanks
- By hermdog in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & ModsReplies: 2Last Post: 03-08-2010, 02:02 AM
- By pajd100 in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & ModsReplies: 3Last Post: 08-06-2008, 03:18 PM
- By mtsfestivus in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & ModsReplies: 4Last Post: 07-23-2008, 03:04 AM
- By NitruS in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & ModsReplies: 2Last Post: 07-21-2008, 02:55 PM
- By Captain Chunk#IM in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & ModsReplies: 0Last Post: 07-21-2008, 01:06 PM