Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    WreakingHavoc's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    370 Posts
    iOS Version
    6.1

    Default iPhone5 crashes every night at 00:00:05

    My jailbroken phone has crashed at the exact same time every night since May 21, it must have something to do with a jailbreak app/tweak I have that is changing the date. I have crash logs, does anyone here know how to read them? I haven't added any new tweaks since that date but there have been many updates to my existing tweaks. I do have a tweak called DateCarrier that replaces the carrier name with the current date but I've had that since the jailbreak came out and there have been no updates to it.


    ***Team Jailbreak, sent using TapaTalk
    iPhone 5, iPad 2, Apple TV 3, Macbook Air
    Tweet @LondonComp ***
    iPhone5 32gb, iPad2 64gb wifi, Apple TV3, MacBook Air
    Team JailBreak
    @LondonComp
  2. #2  
    wendybeee's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    4,273 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,269 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.1.2

    Default Re: iPhone5 crashes every night at 00:00:05

    Sounds like you may have already found your problem with that calendar date tweak. Try removing that tweak for 24 hours and see if it happens again. If it still does then one by one remove the most recent tweaks or tweaks with updates till you isolate which one is causing your problem.
    Thanked by:
    Chetan Takyar (05-26-2013), WreakingHavoc (05-25-2013)
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    WreakingHavoc's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    370 Posts
    iOS Version
    6.1

    Default Re: iPhone5 crashes every night at 00:00:05

    Quote Originally Posted by wendybeee View Post
    Sounds like you may have already found your problem with that calendar date tweak. Try removing that tweak for 24 hours and see if it happens again. If it still does then one by one remove the most recent tweaks or tweaks with updates till you isolate which one is causing your problem.
    Thanks for reply, I've disabled it and will wait to see if it happens tonight. I have a feeling it's not actually that tweak but a conflict with it and some other new tweak or update. I was hoping someone could read crash reports to narrow it down for me. At least I know why my alarm hasn't gone off this week


    ***Team Jailbreak, sent using TapaTalk
    iPhone 5, iPad 2, Apple TV 3, Macbook Air
    Tweet @LondonComp ***
    iPhone5 32gb, iPad2 64gb wifi, Apple TV3, MacBook Air
    Team JailBreak
    @LondonComp
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  
    WreakingHavoc's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    370 Posts
    iOS Version
    6.1

    Default Re: iPhone5 crashes every night at 00:00:05

    Again tonight....


    ***Team Jailbreak, sent using TapaTalk
    iPhone 5, iPad 2, Apple TV 3, Macbook Air
    Tweet @LondonComp ***
    iPhone5 32gb, iPad2 64gb wifi, Apple TV3, MacBook Air
    Team JailBreak
    @LondonComp
  5. #5  
    jmendel33's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    393 Posts

    Default Re: iPhone5 crashes every night at 00:00:05

    It was date carrier for me, i had the same problem every night, as soon as i uninstalled it, no problem, emailed with crash logs, tried to contact on twitter to let them know the problem, and no replies
    Thanked by:
    WreakingHavoc (05-27-2013)
  6. Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  
    WreakingHavoc's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    370 Posts
    iOS Version
    6.1

    Default Re: iPhone5 crashes every night at 00:00:05

    Quote Originally Posted by jmendel33 View Post
    It was date carrier for me, i had the same problem every night, as soon as i uninstalled it, no problem, emailed with crash logs, tried to contact on twitter to let them know the problem, and no replies
    I had it turned off last night and it still happened. Will remove it completely and see if it happens tonight.
    Thx


    ***Team Jailbreak, sent using TapaTalk
    iPhone 5, iPad 2, Apple TV 3, Macbook Air
    Tweet @LondonComp ***
    iPhone5 32gb, iPad2 64gb wifi, Apple TV3, MacBook Air
    Team JailBreak
    @LondonComp
  7. Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  
    WreakingHavoc's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    370 Posts
    iOS Version
    6.1

    Default Re: iPhone5 crashes every night at 00:00:05

    I uninstalled DateCarrier and my phone did not crash last night. I'm not convinced the problem was actually DateCarrier but a conflict with something else. Thanks for the replies.


    ***Team Jailbreak, sent using TapaTalk
    iPhone 5, iPad 2, Apple TV 3, Macbook Air
    Tweet @LondonComp ***
    iPhone5 32gb, iPad2 64gb wifi, Apple TV3, MacBook Air
    Team JailBreak
    @LondonComp
  8. #8  
    jmendel33's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    393 Posts

    Default Re: iPhone5 crashes every night at 00:00:05

    Quote Originally Posted by WreakingHavoc View Post
    I uninstalled DateCarrier and my phone did not crash last night. I'm not convinced the problem was actually DateCarrier but a conflict with something else. Thanks for the replies.


    ***Team Jailbreak, sent using TapaTalk
    iPhone 5, iPad 2, Apple TV 3, Macbook Air
    Tweet @LondonComp ***
    Yeah, i agree, im sure it was something conflicting for me as well, but i have so many tweaks i just didnt wanna waste the time going through all of them, easier for me just to delete it and be done
  9. #9  
    Massie's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    5,018 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,023 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    8.0.2

    Default Re: iPhone5 crashes every night at 00:00:05

    Quote Originally Posted by WreakingHavoc View Post
    I uninstalled DateCarrier and my phone did not crash last night. I'm not convinced the problem was actually DateCarrier but a conflict with something else. Thanks for the replies.
    Not sure if you'll be able to replace the carrier with this, but SB Settings has an option to put the date in the status bar.
  10. Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  
    WreakingHavoc's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    370 Posts
    iOS Version
    6.1

    Default Re: iPhone5 crashes every night at 00:00:05

    Quote Originally Posted by Massie View Post
    Not sure if you'll be able to replace the carrier with this, but SB Settings has an option to put the date in the status bar.
    I don't use SBsettings but used Springtomize to remove the Carrier name, to use Springtomize to add the date to the status bar it removes the time so I'd rather not.
    Thx for reply.


    ***Team Jailbreak, sent using TapaTalk
    iPhone 5, iPad 2, Apple TV 3, Macbook Air
    Tweet @LondonComp ***
    iPhone5 32gb, iPad2 64gb wifi, Apple TV3, MacBook Air
    Team JailBreak
    @LondonComp
  11. #11  
    mike in nc's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    37 Posts
    Global Posts
    275 Global Posts

    Default Re: iPhone5 crashes every night at 00:00:05

    I had the same problem with DateCarrier, had to delete it
  12. Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  
    WreakingHavoc's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    370 Posts
    iOS Version
    6.1

    Default Re: iPhone5 crashes every night at 00:00:05

    Quote Originally Posted by mike in nc View Post
    I had the same problem with DateCarrier, had to delete it
    Haven't had the problem since I removed it but it was fine for months before the conflict. Never did find out what conflict was.


    ***Team Jailbreak, sent using TapaTalk
    iPhone 5, iPad 2, Apple TV 3, Macbook Air
    Tweet @LondonComp ***
    iPhone5 32gb, iPad2 64gb wifi, Apple TV3, MacBook Air
    Team JailBreak
    @LondonComp
  13. #13  
    jmendel33's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    393 Posts

    Default Re: iPhone5 crashes every night at 00:00:05

    Quote Originally Posted by WreakingHavoc View Post
    Haven't had the problem since I removed it but it was fine for months before the conflict. Never did find out what conflict was.


    ***Team Jailbreak, sent using TapaTalk
    iPhone 5, iPad 2, Apple TV 3, Macbook Air
    Tweet @LondonComp ***
    They did an update to the tweak the same night mine started doing that
  14. Thread AuthorThread Author   #14  
    WreakingHavoc's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    370 Posts
    iOS Version
    6.1

    Default Re: iPhone5 crashes every night at 00:00:05

    Quote Originally Posted by jmendel33 View Post
    They did an update to the tweak the same night mine started doing that
    It's too bad, I liked having the date in the status bar.


    ***Team Jailbreak, sent using TapaTalk
    iPhone 5, iPad 2, Apple TV 3, Macbook Air
    Tweet @LondonComp ***
    iPhone5 32gb, iPad2 64gb wifi, Apple TV3, MacBook Air
    Team JailBreak
    @LondonComp

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-23-2013, 11:06 PM
  2. iTunes crashes every time I sync
    By sting7k in forum iTunes
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-17-2013, 07:11 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-26-2012, 02:44 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-22-2011, 08:52 PM
  5. 3GS, random app crashes (every app)
    By Cafejunkie in forum iPhone 4
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-21-2010, 06:20 PM

Posting Permissions